Providence Post Game Thread. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread.

Reaction Score
Tough game to watch but earned the win. Hope we never have to listen to Donny and Brando again. If this was the first game I watched this season I would have sworn that Providence was the #1 team in the country and Oduro will be a lottery pick. That’s what Donny and Brando made it sound like. Brando had no clue that Clingan picked up 2 fouls in the first 4 minutes. Just kept on going on and on about Oduro being the most important player on the court.

Reaction Score
The post you initially blew a gasket too was me agreeing that one of the Oduro calls was very bad. I’m not complaining about individual calls because the refs were wildly inconsistent as a whole tonight. Wouldn’t even begin to know where to start. I think you might be projecting your frustrations a bit.

Every single one of Oduro's fouls were fouls. They missed a foul on us on (I think) Carter's drive in the first half that would have negated one of them.

The same cannot be said of Clingan. His second was a laughable call.

Reaction Score
I think this game was good for us. We saw something new and didn't need to lose to learn the lesson. That is the sign of an elite team.

If Jalen Adams could have drawn fouls like Newton he would have been an all american. Newton should be an All American. He understands the game and can excel at most of it permutations. He was brilliant tonight.

Reaction Score
Couple things that stood out to me:

1) PC was tough, as always. Gotta respect their grit. Carter is a true competitor.

2) Oduro could play, for sure. But Clingan’s foul trouble allowed Oduro to look like an All-American. At the end, when Clingan wasn’t afraid to foul out, you saw him stuff Oduro. Without foul trouble, that’s happening a lot more often. Between it being a very tightly called game and Clingan making some silly mistakes, he found himself in foul trouble early and never really recovered defensively,

We’ll take the the w and move on. It was a rock fight.

Reaction Score
English is a good coach. He had three things in his game plan he wanted to accomplish.

Turn Castle into a three point shooter. It worked for a bit until Castle started scoring at the rim. Very different than when teams did that to Jackson.

Have Oduro minimize Clingan which he did with help from Clingan.

And muck up the game because he knows PC wouldn’t stand a chance in a free flowing game. Refs helped this.
Castle 2-4 on threes tonight. Hopefully he builds on this, that second half one was huge

Reaction Score
We had 10 less fouls than them. I think we had like 5 or 6 at half. The 2nd half was officiated poorly in the sense that there wasn’t nearly as much leeway given as in the 1st half. But, it wasn’t favoring one team over another at all IMO.
Refs started calling everything in the 2nd half after the chirping and double Ts

Reaction Score
Hello BY our boy Steph was tied with leading scorer of the game. We played our C+ game they played their A game and we still won by 9. I just wonder if some folks here have ever watched a whole Big East season?

Reaction Score
Is there a bigger drama queen in basketball than Carter? Always crying for a foul and never commits one himself. Then at least once a game he is on the floor feigning an injury. He is always back up a minute later running around like nothing happened.
Agreed. The kid has a lot of show biz in him.

Reaction Score
The first two fouls on Clingan were absolute phantom calls. He never touched anyone! I can’t believe it, I expected to click on this thread and see several pages bitching about that.
And the announcers were so oblivious! They never even mentioned that he had two fouls until the half was nearly over. Donny Marshall is so g-d annoying. Every time the whistle blows, we either get his unquestioned respect for the hard job these poor officials have to do, or we have to listen to his nostalgic philosophy on college basketball. He hardly even watches the game. Dude needs to be permanently assigned to the studio.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom