Providence Post Game Thread. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
When the announcers of this game spent three minutes complementing the refs on a well officiated game so far, my right eye started twitching.

Refs and announcers should be forced to make a written apology after this game.
Wasn’t much the refs can do. There were just a lot of fouls this game. None really ticky tac.

Reaction Score
Tonight showed one thing, it proved that even when everyone is shooting poorly, refs are calling a million fouls, missing free throws... They can still win the game!

Reaction Score
Donny Marshall is a terrible announcer. Like this game was ugly and the announcers made it even worse.

Move on with the W
He is awful with his Anti-Uconn stuff. He even got the play by play announcer calling out fouls on Uconn. LOL!

Reaction Score
  • Refs absolutely bailed us out on Oduro's third foul. Really favorable whistle in the first half, I'd be upset if I was a Providence fan
  • Refs let us beat up Carter all night. He was exhausted at the end. Respect to him for fighting through it

Simply amazing.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
This went about how I expected, PC is always tough and after that demolition of Xavier there's always the chance of a let down game. Thankfully the team is just too damn good to lose even when the rim seems to be off limits.

Ton of fouls yes, but I think overall it was called fairly. Don't forget to add one from Hurley and one from PC's bench to the total :D

Castle was a an A+, his D was just as impressive as his O. Clingan probably had one of his poorest games, he seemed a bit off from the get-go. Picking up a 4th foul in the first 18s of the 2nd half? He's better than this and thankfully the team has played enough without him that we still win. I loved seeing Oduro bounce off him in the last minute of the game, made me chuckle.

Reaction Score
Is there a bigger drama queen in basketball than Carter? Always crying for a foul and never commits one himself. Then at least once a game he is on the floor feigning an injury. He is always back up a minute later running around like nothing happened.

Reaction Score
we win.
Castle is now no longer in frosh mode.
motivation at the venue formerly known as the dunk
Cam shot horrible, not normal but made all his FTs.
Donovan will learn, PVD big was a good lesson for him
We faced adversity and won
Lots of tape for coaches
Hit the hot tub
PVD did everything they could to compete. They play hard football in hoops unis.
Corey, I'll never be a fan.
extra time to drink more with a long ass torturous game
Donny wtf?
Main announcer, yeah that was at XL dude? not "in this building"
Saturday will be early game, won't be up as late for this reason. We will shoot better.
i'm out.

Reaction Score
We had 10 less fouls than them. I think we had like 5 or 6 at half. The 2nd half was officiated poorly in the sense that there wasn’t nearly as much leeway given as in the 1st half. But, it wasn’t favoring one team over another at all IMO.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
English is a good coach. He had three things in his game plan he wanted to accomplish.

Turn Castle into a three point shooter. It worked for a bit until Castle started scoring at the rim. Very different than when teams did that to Jackson.

Have Oduro minimize Clingan which he did with help from Clingan.

And muck up the game because he knows PC wouldn’t stand a chance in a free flowing game. Refs helped this.

Reaction Score
I'd really love to know which of the fouls called on Providence he thinks were not actually fouls.

The Friars' game plan was to dare the officials to call a foul on every possession. After the first five minutes, the officials took them up on their offer. I'm fine with the strategy -- trying to play bully ball was the only hope they had. Just don't complain when it (predictably) results in a ton of foul calls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom