Providence Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The carelessness with the ball should’ve been knocked out months ago. If we lose a winnable game, that is going to be the reason. Andre needs to get his head screwed on as it was in the first half. Adama needs to solidify his positioning better, and the rest of the guards need to be wayyyy stronger with the ball. Can’t have periods like this the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
No, it was our called timeout reset the 10 count
Ah. Yep. For some reason thought PC called timeout but definitely Hurley. Good catch. PC used their last with over a minute to go.

Reaction Score
We once again showed we can look like the best team in the country and annoyingly we showed we're capable of melting down in chaotic situations. Luckily we righted the ship just in time with some clutch shots, a huge hustle rebound by Newton and clutch ft's by Newton.

We need to learn from this and Hurley has to impress upon them that 30 minutes of focus isn't enough against any of these teams. Can't have these extended mental collapses anymore or we'll get bounced.
I feel exactly the same way I did after UConn’s win over Seton Hall at Gampel. They won, cool, but it doesn’t feel great. It never should have gotten that close

Reaction Score
home court feel @ MSG is anyone’s dream, but there’s business to be taken care of. i’m sure Andre is gonna let everyone know it

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would like a word with the chuckleheads who still think that we do not need a point guard.

Our plan to have Adamo Sanogo try to handle the ball to close out a win-or-go-home basketball game was a little shaky there.
Yeah, I’m not seeing much in personnel changes from now till the end of the season, so why bitch about it?

Reaction Score
Yeah, I’m not seeing much in personnel changes from now till the end of the season, so why bitch about it?

More than that, what exactly is the complaint? Newton was probably the best player on the court today. They didn't "plan to have Sanogo" handle the ball to close out a game. He caught a pass, got fouled, and it was UConn sideline out of bounds. That's the one play that reflects a "plan" to have Sanogo handle the ball. It's just silly.

Reaction Score
Our press break needs to be set up/performed better. Lofted passes horizontally from Newton and AJax is too predictable, and neither uses up fakes or dribbles enough. Our OOB plays have been pretty scary for a while now.

Reaction Score
Fun facts:

Providence had a NET of 53 before losing today.
11 of PC's 21 wins are Quad 4 wins
PC has a losing record against Quads 1 through 3

Does Providence deserve an at-large bid?
A month ago they had an opportunity to be a 4-5 seed. Now they’ll probably be 9-10

A neutral (away) loss to #11 UConn shouldn’t drop them down too much. But now they’re at the mercy of everyone else. A few bid stealers this week could put them at risk of dropping more. But they’ll definitely make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom