Providence Post Game Thoughts | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thoughts

Reaction Score
Bouk is back and back with vengeance. We are peeking at the right time. Good game today by many guys. Bouk, Martin, Polley, and Carlton played very well.

We have a deep team with many good parts. Sanogo's minutes should get reduced moving forward. Sanogo's impact on winning is vastly overrated this season. Polley, AJacks, and Martin are three solid wings who need the minutes and we play better playing fast, uptempo, and using our athleticism.

Carlton or Whaley at the 5 is much better for our team.

PS: Obliterate Nova this weekend.

#FeedPolley
#AJacksForTheHammer

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
No one:

Bill Raftery:
ryan newman nascar GIF by Richard Childress Racing

Reaction Score
Where would we be without Tyrese Martin getting a waiver. Watching him grab rebounds and score in the paint is a sight to see. Never thought he would be shooting 3s as good as he has been this season
I thought we were going to get a good role player in Martin. His game is far from perfect but he's well exceeded any expectations I had for him. He makes some dumb plays and stupid misses sometimes but he almost always makes up for it.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Sanogo will be inconsistent. But he has to play. Has to. Too much talent. Too much physical presence not get meaningful minutes. He will get better and better.

And I have always been a fan of Carlton.
I agree on Sonogo. He has that soft drop in that will pay dividends. On the other hand Carlton likes to slam the ball so close underneath. He looked good tonight. However, with those hands getting the feed or even trying for a rebound is sometimes tough to watch.

Reaction Score
don't sleep on rj cole either -- 13 points on 5/13 shooting with 4 boards, 5 assists, and a steal.
He played great last game, but tonight his 5 of 13 shooting (that's only 38.5%, pretty poor) and his lack of looking at anyone when the clock was running down, seemed like he was a bit of a ball hog tonight. He did have 6 assists, I know, but it could easily have been 10.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can't think of a single player who through out a turd tonight. Sure, some played better than others, some had some foul trouble limiting minutes, but they all played "okay" or better. On Saturday against Xavier everyone but Gaff played "okay" or better.

That's good news going forward as lineups are adjusted and minutes will vary for some.

Having everyone playing at least "okay" means they are getting comfortable in their roles within the team and getting the objectives for the team.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
He played great last game, but tonight his 5 of 13 shooting (that's only 38.5%, pretty poor) and his lack of looking at anyone when the clock was running down, seemed like he was a bit of a ball hog tonight. He did have 6 assists, I know, but it could easily have been 10.

One fast-break in particular he had James wide open trailing on the right. Probably would have resulted in a monster slam for James if RJ dishes that one. All told though the dude is playing good to great the last few games.

Reaction Score
Bad take on Sanogo
Sanogo had a terrible game tonight and -- despite what people said after the St. John's game -- isn't the sort of player you ride and force-feed the ball at this stage in his career. But you've gotta play him at least 20-25 mpg to get the experience necessary to dominate next year.

And even with the inconsistency, he's our most naturally talented big on offense. Terrific footwork and touch for a freshman.

Reaction Score
I'll play devils advocate here, he also could have had 10 assists but ended up with 5 due to some missed shots by his teammates off some excellent set ups, RJ had a very solid floor game tonight, saw the floor extremely well.. yes one or two plays of tunnel vision on drives but I could point out plays where Bouk and Martin did the same. The 5 of 13 statement is an example of just looking at a boxscore and not watching the game (not saying that's the case here). Cole's final two shots were late in the shot clock drives into traffic (not exactly his strength) in the final two minutes of the game where we didn't run anything, a product of us attempting to run out the clock to end the game. He was 5 of 11 (45%) up until that point. Thought his shot selection the past two games has improved immensely. Kid is playing a much better overall floor game and is a huge cog in our success moving forward.

Reaction Score
Bouk is back and back with vengeance. We are peeking at the right time. Good game today by many guys. Bouk, Martin, Polley, and Carlton played very well.

We have a deep team with many good parts. Sanogo's minutes should get reduced moving forward. Sanogo's impact on winning is vastly overrated this season. Polley, AJacks, and Martin are three solid wings who need the minutes and we play better playing fast, uptempo, and using our athleticism.

Carlton or Whaley at the 5 is much better for our team.

PS: Obliterate Nova this weekend.

#FeedPolley
#AJacksForTheHammer
No no no. Stop posting. It’s embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Sanogo had a terrible game tonight and -- despite what people said after the St. John's game -- isn't the sort of player you ride and force-feed the ball at this stage in his career. But you've gotta play him at least 20-25 mpg to get the experience necessary to dominate next year.

And even with the inconsistency, he's our most naturally talented big on offense. Terrific footwork and touch for a freshman.
They should have and would have won had they kept him in against the Johnnie's, he was getting doubled and still feasting.

Reaction Score
My one complaint about Sanogo is his IQ on defense. When he’s getting posted up its as if he wants the ref to call a foul on him. His fighting in the post is so obvious it gives the officials no choice. He needs to be smarter.

Reaction Score
Feel sorry for Adams, wonder when he’ll play again- or was he hurt tonight?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom