Prospect Nation Player History Katie Lou Samuelson | The Boneyard

Prospect Nation Player History Katie Lou Samuelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The evaluator suggests that Lou will fulfill Kaleena's role at UConn. hmmm. . .

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice article. Not really anything new but a fun read on how the rating services viewed her progress thru high school. As much as I loved KML, I think KLS has the potential to be even better - taller, more mobile, and probably more athletic - the sky's the limit for this kid. She may fill the role vacated by KML, but I see her game more like Delle Donne's than KML's...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting - nice overview of her growth in the eyes of one group of evaluators. I think we will enjoy her Uconn journey!

Reaction Score
KLS is the EDD we never got to see at UCONN.....Geno has the perfect formula to install his High/Low and or Triangle offense......UCONN will have 5 offensive players on the floor at all times...

Reaction Score
At either shooting guard or small forward Katie Lou has the height advantage. However, on defense she's better suited to guard the small forward on the other team. She doesn't have the quickness to guard smaller players.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

Article leaves out something from this paragraph.

2013 Nike Nationals
Of all the great prep performances in Katie Lou Samuelson’s career, her three days at Nike Nationals leading an injury plagued Cal Swish team against some of the best summer teams in the country. Sadly, Samuelson’s scoring out bursts came at the last Nike Nationals that was played without stats. What our ProspectsNation staff remembers from that event was multiple 30-point games with a 40-point outburst sprinkled in. Samuelson’s Cal Swish team was severely overmatched at that event due to numerous injuries but in that moment “Lou” did every thing she could to keep her team competitive.

By the way, Prospect Nation, or a I believe, Chis Hansen, mentioned it(indirectly), back in 2013.

HGN

Reaction Score
I too think KLS is going to be good at UConn.........I don't know if she's going to be KML good , but good. KML was record setting good....... It's hard to predict that someone is going to be a record-setter before they even play their first game at the next level. Especially when it comes to total points or 3-pointers made.

She's good now , and I think Geno and staff are going to make her even better. Records may come , but I don't want to predict that before I see her perform in a season's worth of college games.

But I got my fingers crossed.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Where the immediate largest impact for KLS will be for U Conn vs KML is probably on defensive end. Having said that- Even with KML's weaknesses on the defensive end- she had exceptional basketball instincts and IQ! Soft hands,good passer and a great rebounder! But KLS will also be able to run the floor faster. Having said that, KML became a deadly trail lagging on the fast break, sliding into open areas and then getting those kick outs for dagger threes. Hard to imagine anyone being moe dangerous as a pure three point shooter. Having said that (again), KLS has so many more natural other upsides! It's gonna be fun!!!

Reaction Score
Nice article. Not really anything new but a fun read on how the rating services viewed her progress thru high school. As much as I loved KML, I think KLS has the potential to be even better - taller, more mobile, and probably more athletic - the sky's the limit for this kid. She may fill the role vacated by KML, but I see her game more like Delle Donne's than KML's...
Eric, it's amazing that anytime I see something from you I know it's either going to be very informative or an opinion that I concur with at least 99.7% of the time. Love your input! I am quite confident that KLS is going to be a monster player because of her quickness, her length, her shooting touch (with either hand), her ability to take contact and still display amazing accuracy and her desire to be better every day (and work to make it happen). Those ingredients are a formula for great success and where better to display them than Storrs Connecticut! We are going to be so fortunate to have her and Ms. Collier along with Ms. Boykins. What a class!

Reaction Score
One of the things I liked about the article was that multiple people commented in it about how she had been considered a one dimensional player a few years back but throughout high school she has continued to show growth in areas other than shooting the basketball. I feel that the KML we saw in her freshman year was primarily a one dimensional (though sensational) player who inevitably blossomed into an adequate defender and a very strong rebounder to go along with her shooting abilities. It seems that KLS is ahead of KML's curve already and will only evolve more under the tutelage of Geno and his amazing staff. Unless injuries stymie her, I feel she's got a chance to be talked about in the same breath as the big three, meaning Diana, Maya and now Breanna and that is saying something, I know! JMHO!

Reaction Score
Where the immediate largest impact for KLS will be for U Conn vs KML is probably on defensive end. Having said that- Even with KML's weaknesses on the defensive end- she had exceptional basketball instincts and IQ! Soft hands,good passer and a great rebounder! But KLS will also be able to run the floor faster. Having said that, KML became a deadly trail lagging on the fast break, sliding into open areas and then getting those kick outs for dagger threes. Hard to imagine anyone being moe dangerous as a pure three point shooter. Having said that (again), KLS has so many more natural other upsides! It's gonna be fun!!!
Heh heh...you said MOE dangerous! Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom