Progress - Deleone style | The Boneyard

Progress - Deleone style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Man's a genius

"I think one of the things you have to look at is how many runs were called and how many runs averaged over four yards in the Michigan game," George DeLeone, UConn's offensive line and assistant head coach, said Tuesday. "Our percentage of the number of runs called and the number of runs that made over four yards improved. So I look at it as progress. Now when you're running the ball as many times as we are you're going to have to have some runs break out for 20 yards, 30 yards to get going. Michigan had averaged giving up 70 or 80 yards going into the game so there were some victories, some improvements. The point is, we've got to do a better job with the runs that are called. That's the bottom line."

Reaction Score
I'm merely the conduit. Technically it was Des who quoted him and I was quoting Des so I should be ok

Reaction Score
He took time out of his busy day wallpapering his office with plays. Wow.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dear George,

While measuring the comparative game over game quantity of rushing attempts that exceed a pre-determined positive yardage, it requires the assumption that the previous event dataset is within a standard deviation of a non-negative real number. There may be a subset of the general population that will accept a statement of results based on non-standard analytic methodology, but I hold serious reservations that subset would be populated by statistically significant numbers of regular observers of collegiate football contests within the New England geographic region.

Or said another way, in the words of the immortal Mr. Herbert Garrison, "You go to Hell, you go to Hell and you die."

Reaction Score
What else can be said at this point? P isn't going to can his buddy. Just have to wait until Dec before they are both gone.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
So, why don't we start the countdown as to when these two clowns are canned. We all know that, the day it happens, a collective primal scream of joy will go up beginning in Storrs and reverberating throughout the known world. The last game is December 7 (which date is eerily appropriate for the final axing of P and his band of merry men). I'm betting that the countdown is 73 days from today. With any kind of luck, Warde will boot his ass out before the Rutgers game in which we would only have to wait less than 60 days. Tick! Tick! Tick! Tick!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Warde should have overruled PP last season and fired GDL. Oh well, now they'll both be gone (hopefully after the Buffalo game).

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
DeLeone on UConn giving up 14 sacks this year:

"Sacks are disappointing," DeLeone said. "Sacks sometimes are involved with the line. Sometimes it's the backs, sometimes it the quarterback. Sometimes it's the receivers. It's a team function but the line sacks are the line's fault."

UConnDan97 on DeLeone's comment:

"Yeah....but mostly the line....okay? And you're in charge of the line....okay? And sometimes you need to take ownership of your craft....okay?"

I'm going back to "smash-mouth writing." That "zone writing" crap was for the birds...:confused:

Reaction Score
The Wisconsin o-line coach who got fired after two games last year should sue and hire GDL as his attorney. If George could coach as well as he can delusionize and rationalize, we'd really have something.

Warde said last week that he knows the coaches are frustrated. GDL doesn't sound too frustrated to me. Would love to see how much his pension has gone up after three years here. Thanks again for vetting P on the staff he was bringing in, Jeff.

Reaction Score
Doubt it.

If nothing happens (I doubt they lose anyways) then the damage could be unrepairable. Being in the AAC makes it hard enough to recruit. 28-30K in the stands won't help either.

The bright side is there appears to be some talent on this team. Davis and Phillips are back. The defense has some promising stars. I like Newsome. Maybe Boyle is the real deal.

Who knows.

Welcome to UConn...the new Syracuse.

Reaction Score
If nothing happens (I doubt they lose anyways) then the damage could be unrepairable. Being in the AAC makes it hard enough to recruit. 28-30K in the stands won't help either.

The bright side is there appears to be some talent on this team. Davis and Phillips are back. The defense has some promising stars. I like Newsome. Maybe Boyle is the real deal.

Who knows.

Welcome to UConn...the new Syracuse.
Sportstart GDL is the example of what happens to you when you do NOT put down the crack pipe!

Reaction Score
After the first day of practice in August GDL said something along the lines of "today we began a process that will pay off in December" so don't worry everyone, P and GDL will have this all figured out in December.

Reaction Score
Let me sum up, its all McCoombs fault and the QB's fault and he doesn't coach them anymore. Therefore, its not his fault the OLine is porous. Sorry George, not buying.

Reaction Score
After the first day of practice in August GDL tweeted something along the lines of "today we began a process that will pay off in December" so don't worry everyone, P and GDL will have this all figured out in December.
That process will surely payoff for P...in the form of a $750,000 buyout check!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom