Prognosticators Tournament Game 9 (SC) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Tournament Game 9 (SC) Predictions

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
My ESPN bracket tiebreaker has UCONN 77-59. Why change now?

Reaction Score
Huskies 67-64. We all know defense wins Championships and I 100% believe our defense is better than SC's. Secondly, we have too many legit scoring options and SC simply doesn't. Boston will get her share-she is unstoppable, but it takes a whole team to win a Natty and at this point in the season, we are defensively locked in and have an unprecedented balanced scoring attack!!

sun

Reaction Score
UConn Huskies 68 - South Carolina Gamecocks 66 MOV-2

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
This is a hard one because I don't have a dog in this fight. My first thought is a South Carolina win with a 77-63 score. I also think the pressure is more on South Carolina than it is on UCONN. If the pressure sets in then it will be a UCONN 4th quarter win. Who knows....maybe I am wrong on both of those.

Reaction Score
UCONN wins by 10
I said here on the boneyard last week to those complaining about UCONN,,,,
No team has more #1 rated high school basketball players on their team then UCONN!
UCONN is the most talented team, and they win if they're healthy!
YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!

Reaction Score
I will have on my "Everybody Eats" t-shirt that is undefeated. No way UConn can lose :)

Geno has had great success against SC and I trust he will be able to neutralize much of what Boston can do. They are a very good team but are not the Huskies. UConn wins #12 84 - 76, an amazing 8 point MOV.

Reaction Score
Folks, have faith in Huskies and Geno. They have Boston, we have Paige and Azzi. Our supporting group of EW,CW,ONO, AE,NM and CD are collectively much stronger than their non-Boston group. UCONN 75-60 ! (If not for Boston, I would give them 50. MSGRET: this is not a double entry). I mean UCONN 75-60.

Reaction Score
I'm posting the predictions for the Championship game before the Standford prognosticator winners since there is less than 48 hours before the game. South Carolina is going to be a tough game, but I believe that because of the last 3 games that UConn has played it has gotten them to play hard nosed defense. This team is not the same team that the Gamecocks played at the beginning of the season in the Bahamas. The Huskies are much better on both ends of the floor and their defense is something that I believe that SC will have some major problems with.

The crowd should overwhelmingly be in favor of
UConn with Paige being their hometown favorite, the crowd was electric in their win today and I see it being even more on Sunday. South Carolina is the number one team in the nation, but they are not unbeatable. They have lost to two teams that did not have a winning record in the same Conference the SEC and both of those teams lost their first games postseason play. Kentucky lost to Princeton in the NCAA March Madness and Missouri lost to Drake in the WNIT.

I think that the game will be close, but I see
UConn coming full circle, they won their first in Minneapolis in 1995 and the will win their 12th back in Minneapolis. UConn 72 - South Carolina 64. All predictions and any changes must be submitted by 8:00 PM Eastern on 4/3. Any changes submitted to the original prediction must state that it replacing the previous prediction. If a change is accepted you will receive a "like" on your request acknowledging that it was changed.

You must have earned at least one point during the Regular Season Prognosticators Predictions contest to be eligible to have your prediction be added to the Tournament tally sheet. Attached is the Tournament edition Rules and Scoring criteria and Good Luck to all you Prognosticators out there.
Uconn 68
USC 64

Reaction Score
I will have on my "Everybody Eats" t-shirt that is undefeated. No way UConn can lose :)

Geno has had great success against SC and I trust he will be able to neutralize much of what Boston can do. They are a very good team but are not the Huskies. UConn wins #12 84 - 76, an amazing 8 point MOV.
Hope you didn't wash it.

Reaction Score
First, my track record suggests that I lose far more than 50% of the bets I make, almost to the point where I should make my picks and then bet the opposite as a strategy. Second, I am horribly superstitious and suspect that something I do while sitting at home watching a game actually impacts that game in real time.

With that in mind, I'm going with SC 68 - UCONN 63, and promise to switch channels every time SC gets within 3 points of the lead.. :D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hmmm tough call. UCONN has never lost a NC game. But how can they stop Boston? You know with all the weird crazy things this year, it figures the NC winning streak would end.

So Gamecocks (he-he, he said Gamecocks) win 63-57.

Reaction Score
This team right now does not know quit or losing .. I’m not confident in this game at all but can’t go against the good guys UConn 61 the bad guys 60

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Bree Beal and company shut down HV of Louisville. Who will they lock down on tomorrow? Good thing we have 4 offensive options .Going with my heart not my head. UConn 67-64
Hailey Van Lith is way different than :paige. She often runs into traffic like a bull in a china shop and looks for fouls and gets flustered when she does not get them.. Paige is looking for the easist opportunities using her teammates to set screens and making the best reads. If Paige does not score alot, it is only because she did not shoot well or others are carrying the load. The shots and opportunities will be there. Just got to make them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom