Prognosticators Tournament Game 4 (Mercer) Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Tournament Game 4 (Mercer) Predictions

Reaction Score
I'm not changing my prediction but I know that South Carolina beat Howard today 79-21. I know UConn likes to play "anything you can do I can do better" with them so I'm hoping they can channel their best UConn vs St. Francis opener but with better defense :D.

Reaction Score
It may be close for the first 5 minutes while the teams figure each other out. After that not so much. UConn 89, Mercer 55. 34 point MOV. I've been wrong all year with the exception of one game, so I doubt this will be how it ends up...
UConn 92
Mercer-46

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The First Round opponent Mercer is from the Southern Conference and is 124th in Massey's Ratings. That is just 2 below St. John's and above Georgetown (209), Xavier (213), and Butler (327). Their worst loss to a P5 team was @Georgia 67-52, and the worse home loss was to UCF 61-47. They have 15 players, 8 of which are Seniors and their tallest player is 6'3". I have not seen them play but I believe that they would give half of the teams in the Big East a very good run for their money.

If UConn plays their game like they have since the Villanova loss, Mercer doesn't a chance in hell to beat them. But if they are looking past them towards the Florida-UCF winner they will give the Huskys a difficult game. I don't see Momma E and the Seniors letting that happen. Paige is getting better according to Geno, the rest of the team has had time to heal some their aches and pains of Regular Season play so the Huskys will be ready. They will come out hard and fast on the Bears and run circles around them. It won't be as bad as some other first round games, but the Huskys will win and it should be fun to watch, UConn 105 - Mercer 47. All predictions and any changes must be submitted by 1:00 PM Eastern. If a change is submitted it must state that it is a change to the previous prediction. If the change is accepted I will give the requester a "like" to show that I have changed their prediction. This is the tournament edition, if you did not score any points in the regular season, please post your predictions on the Non-qualifiers Prediction Thread. Attached is the Tournament rules and scoring system and good luck to all you prognosticators.
Serg, you do a pretty good job of teeing the game up for us. I agree with your take that Mercer doesn't have a snowball’s chance in hell of winning this game. :confused: This game will be nothing more than a “warm-up” for UConn, giving Geno one final opportunity to see what combination of players work best, and who is ready to play under tournament game conditions.

I expect UConn to come out hard and fast against a weaker opponent. Geno should be able to clear his bench early in the 4th quarter today.

UConn 85 - Mercer 43

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
FYI: Vegas just posted the spread for this game. UCONN is favored by 30 with an over/under of121 total points.
It is the 2nd highest point spread of all the opening games. LOL... South Carolina is favored by 43 points over Howard!!
Vegas was a little off. SC won by 58. Howard had a grand total of 4 points at the half. :confused: While Massey cannot be counted on for accuracy, Vegas usually gets it right, or comes very close. As of a moment ago, UConn is -31.5.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Vegas was a little off. SC won by 58. Howard had a grand total of 4 points at the half. :confused: While Massey cannot be counted on for accuracy, Vegas usually gets it right, or comes very close. As of a moment ago, UConn is -31.5.
LOL..Vegas was a little off on the UCONN game too!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Just discovered my post is gone! I must not have hit the post button :(
Had that happen a few years back when @Husky fanatic was running it. I had the exact score and was peeved that it happened. Now I don't have to worry with the Prognosticators Predictions since I have to post it to activate the thread, but all other post I make sure it does get on the board.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom