Prognosticator's Predictions Game 9 @Maryland | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Game 9 @Maryland

Reaction Score
I just can't pick against the huskies. Aubrey steps up again and Lou is good to go. Edwards is dominant and I think Dorka will be back. It'll be ugly and frustrating but somehow the huskies get it done because Maryland plays tight.
Huskies 64
MD 61

Reaction Score
Just really hoping for our team to find a way to get the W -while no-one else gets injured! If Nika is out it is going to be really tough getting the ball up court, the Terps will definitely key on that and if they are successful we will see a lot more turnovers and broken plays. Hoping as well that Lou can give us some good minutes and that Dorka is back to team with Aaliyah (who has played her heart out all season) down low. We'll need good games from Aubrey and Caroline as well.

Going withy my heart in a tough win Uconn 60 Maryland 58

Reaction Score
Going to wait until the last half hour before the game to make a prediction.
The variables are so many at this point, it would be guessing in the dark. When the light of who is playing is revealed, at least I'll have some information to make my guess with.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
This is like trying to shoot empty pop bottles with a 22 caliber rifle in the dark.

Without know who is going to play...this is guessing game.

If UConn is without Nika they will have lost their floor general.
If UConn is without Lou they will have lost their top perimeter scoring option
If UConn is without Dorka again...they give up a lot in the middle and on the boards
If UConn is without all three of them then heaven help us to keep the game close and leave with some dignity.

Without knowing any of the above my guess is:

Maryland 75 UConn 61
MOV by Maryland 14 points

Reaction Score
Just rewatched the 4th quarter with all those turnovers against Princeton.

Maryland 72 - UConn 59

Reaction Score
This is like trying to shoot empty pop bottles with a 22 caliber rifle in the dark.

Without know who is going to play...this is guessing game.

If UConn is without Nika they will have lost their floor general.
If UConn is without Lou they will have lost their top perimeter scoring option
If UConn is without Dorka again...they give up a lot in the middle and on the boards
If UConn is without all three of them then heaven help us to keep the game close and leave with some dignity.

Without knowing any of the above my guess is:

Maryland 75 UConn 61
MOV by Maryland 14 points
The odds agains a uconn win are seemingly insurmountable. Maryland pulled out a gutsy win against ND at South Bend! We took a numerical and physical pounding from the Irish. We shoot 80% and keep them below 40%, nobody fouls out and no one gets hurt are unrealistic expectations, with all our starters hurt and/or injured. Let's let Nika, Lou, Azzi and Dorka get well, then talk about March.

Reaction Score
I refuse to pick against the Huskies UConn 66-65
and thats my final answer

Reaction Score
MD 75, UCONN 65
"It's not how you start but how you finish"
Watch out when till we're healthy!

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
:( Turtles 76, black and blue guys 54

Reaction Score
Post #27

It looks like Nika isn't playing, and I doubt Dorka will either. That means Lou (maybe) and Inês and Caroline running the backcourt. I think I have to revise my prognostication, much as it kills me.

MD 68 UConn 56

MoV 12

Reaction Score
Man this is gonna be interesting. Lou, caroline, Aubrey, ayanna, Aaliyah are my predicted starters. Lou and caroline will have to split the point. I can’t imagine it will be a true point position, just getting it up the floor. I expect Maryland will press and it will be highly effective. Does ines get the start at point? I don’t think so, I think she had too many turnovers but that could be because of nerves and lack of experience. I’m a huge ines supporter so I want to see her absolutely have an insane game and put up outrageous numbers that no one expects. But I dont see that happening yet. Anyway….

UConn loses 85-62.

Sorry. I hope I’m wrong but this is just too short a bench and missing a true point guard and leader is probably too much to overcome. In order to win, UConn will need to shoot lights out and limit turnovers and avoid foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Brenda finally gets to beat Geno et al in a very long time
Terps -80
UConn 62

Reaction Score
Okay, Nika and Dorka both out.

Also, really depends on which MD team shows up? The one that beat ND or the one that got blown out by Nebraska?

UConn 64 - Turtle Power 60

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom