Prognosticator's Predictions Game 8 vs North Carolina @Mohegan Sun | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Game 8 vs North Carolina @Mohegan Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UNC 83
UConn 68
mov = 15
UConn puts up the good fight but UNC just too much for this group to handle. UConn’s freshmen get valuable playing time and continue to improve.

Reaction Score
Paige saves the day on some last second freak shot.
UConn 72 - UNC 70

Reaction Score
UConn 73 (at “home”)
UNC 64

MOV 9

SCar at UNC was a “bad blood” game between two “Carolina”schools who don’t like each other. In all sports except football, we might dislike them more than Clempsun ( though UNC fans never burnt our campus). UNC was the primary antagonist in us leaving the ACC. Our players may not have the hatred that we older fans have, but there is still a strong dislike. A fight in that game was narrowly averted.

UConn is better - even wounded and you are at “home.”

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score
UNC will play physical, in-your-face defense. They will also hold the ball until they have at least two players under the boards or converging towards the boards. UConn will have to be tough for the full 40 minutes. In addition to going right after Edwards the entire game to put her foul trouble, Banghart will look for who on UConn is playing soft, and will go right at them as well. Will the frosh shy away from contact, or embrace it as part of the college game? This is another excellent learning moment for a young UConn team trying to bring it together.

Having ESPN televising all three games should keep some of the UCLA, SC, Utah, NC and FSU faithful from making the trip in mid-December, which means more UConn fans to fill the seats. The vocal support will help our ladies!

UConn - 73
UNC - 59

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I think a lot of you are overrating UNC. They are not in the Texas/UCLA caliber.

UConn - 78
UNC - 70

MOV 8

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
CLOSED!
I will be posting the winners later tonight, NLT 9:00 P.M. Eastern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom