Prognosticator's Predictions Game 28 UConn at Villanova | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Game 28 UConn at Villanova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really don't like to pick against UConn and there is a possibility that the pressure of playing for a shot at first place and a chance to knock off UConn twice in two years could rattle the Wildcats just a little bit. Unfortunately, I don't think that will bother Maddie and they will be playing in front of a pumped up home crowd.

UConn has done a masterful job of finding ways to win, but Saturday may just be a "bridge too far" although having Caroline back could prove to be the shot in the arm they need. Hopefully Lou's knee holds up.

Putting all of this in the mixer and pouring out the contents,

Villanova 75, UConn 68.

Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
UConn 60
Nova 78

200.gif

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have never seen so many Uconn fans pick Uconn to lose and by such a big margin, not even against #1 SC. This is crazy.
There were 63 Prognosticator's that predicted that SC would win over UConn. That was out of 105 total predictions that were cast. That was more than any other regular season predictions over the past 3+ years in both the number of prognosticator's and of the opposing team winning.

Reaction Score
Since the SC game UConn's offense has been anemic. Hopefully they start shooting better. Their defense has been the most consistent, but there were more breakdowns against Creighton than they usually have. It will be hard to keep Maddie to under 30. UConn won't win shooting in the 35% range and letting the shorter team out-rebound us. (I sure hope I'm wrong... I get depressed when UConn loses)

UConn 66 Villanova 72

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn 74
Nova 60

With Caroline back things open up and shes good for at least 15 pts. Home court advantage for Nova 5 pts. UConn could make this game ugly really fast if Olsen and Maddy are slowed down.

Reaction Score
UConn 72
Wildcats 68

Comes down to who handles the pressure better , I'm going with the Huskies

Reaction Score
We looked shot the last few games. Other teams have figured us out.

Nova 68
UConn 62

Reaction Score
I hate saying this, and hope I'm very wrong:
Villanova 68, Uconn 65

Reaction Score
I'm going to Finneran Pavilion to cheer on the Huskies! As such, I'm going there to see a victory and I think our team will rise up to the occasion, along the lines of the SC game. Conference and NCAA playoffs are around the corner, we can rest after April 2. We'll win because Geno won't make the same mistake twice - no throwing water bottles and getting T'd up late in the 4th. Back & forth all the way and with Caroline being the X factor!
UConn 74, Villanova 71
MOV 3

Reaction Score
I'm really surprised with the numbers of BY'ers who believe we won't beat Villanova Saturday! I don't go along with the argument that our players are tired physically. They are young, incredibly trained athletes. However, I do believe that they have become mentally fatigued. The good news is that mental fatigue can be much easier to overcome-with something as simple as the addition of another teammate-enter Caroline!!

I'm convinced our crew will be mentally in the same place they were for the SC game last week and Villanova will not be able to score with us. Maddy will get her 25 but doesn't have enough help from her team mates to beat the newly energized Husky.

Uconn 75-68

Reaction Score
I’ll be at the game and am looking forward to the Huskies playing with eclat. Hoping to see renewed vigor and a successful outcome, I say Huskies 76 - Nova 68.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom