Prognosticator's Predictions Game 12 at Creighton | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Game 12 at Creighton

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Well Christmas break is over for the team and they have a practice tomorrow 12/26 before flying out to Omaha on the 27th to play the Bluejays. This team was earmarked to be the #2 team in the Conference at the beginning of the season in the Big East Women's Basketball Preseason poll. They are currently 8 - 3 and 2 - 1 in Conference play. Their three losses have been in the last 4 games, to St. John's on the road 66 - 62, to Arkansas at home 83 - 75, and at Stanford 72 - 59. They average 72.9 points a game while letting the opposition score 63.4 points a game. They have played a good Out of Conference schedule and are currently rated #23 in Massey ratings with a SOS of #4. They are not a tall team with their tallest four players being 6' 1" and two others at 6'.

UConn should be able to not only control the paint but also control the boards. They as a team have a 43.4 FG%, 76.6 FT% and a 34.7 3PT%. They average 37.1 rebounds a game, but in their loss to a much taller Stanford they had only 25 rebounds vs Stanford's 50. With all that being said I believe that UConn with their speed and size will have very little problems controlling the boards and will win the game. UConn 85 - Creighton 67.

All prognostications or any changes must state the winner of the game, i.e.
UConn or Creighton, not the good guys or our team, Huskies or Bluejays can be used. Any changes to the original prognostication must state that it is a change, with the winning team named, and must have the original thread number included. If a change is accepted you will receive a "Like" showing that it has been changed. All prognostication's and any changes must be submitted NLT 8:25 P.M. Eastern. Attached is the Prognosticator's Predictions Rules and Scoring System, the game is on SNY,
and Good Luck to all you Prognosticator's out there.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well Christmas break is over for the team and they have a practice tomorrow 12/26 before flying out to Omaha on the 27th to play the Bluejays. This team was earmarked to be the #2 team in the Conference at the beginning of the season in the Big East Women's Basketball Preseason poll. They are currently 8 - 3 and 2 - 1 in Conference play. Their three losses have been in the last 4 games, to St. John's on the road 66 - 62, to Arkansas at home 83 - 75, and at Stanford 72 - 59. They average 72.9 points a game while letting the opposition score 63.4 points a game. They have played a good Out of Conference schedule and are currently rated #23 in Massey ratings with a SOS of #4. They are not a tall team with their tallest four players being 6' 1" and two others at 6'.

UConn should be able to not only control the paint but also control the boards. They as a team have a 43.4 FG%, 76.6 FT% and a 34.7 3PT%. They average 37.1 rebounds a game, but in their loss to a much taller Stanford they had only 25 rebounds vs Stanford's 50. With all that being said I believe that UConn with their speed and size will have very little problems controlling the boards and will win the game. UConn 85 - Creighton 67.

All prognostications or any changes must state the winner of the game, i.e.
UConn or Creighton, not the good guys or our team, Huskies or Bluejays can be used. Any changes to the original prognostication must state that it is a change, with the winning team named, and must have the original thread number included. If a change is accepted you will receive a "Like" showing that it has been changed. All prognostication's and any changes must be submitted NLT 8:25 P.M. Eastern. Attached is the Prognosticator's Predictions Rules and Scoring System, the game is on SNY,
and Good Luck to all you Prognosticator's out there.
I agree with you Serg. Creighton can’t run with UConn right now. They won’t contain Aaliyah or Aubrey. They will be out rebounded 2-1. Getting Dorka and Nika back gives UConn their size and depth back. I hope Geno is feeling better. I don’t want to see him back before he is. CD is more than capable of running things until his return, and the players respond to her very well. Different style, same results.

UConn 94
Creighton 68

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn 76–69…….the Blue Jays playing in front of their home crowd are inspired and TO s make this game closer than it should be

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The Blue Jays are well coached and they can shoot it. But they will struggle defending UConn inside and outside.

UConn 92 - Creighton 68

Reaction Score
Creighton lost to Arkansas by 8 at home — that’s my template for this game. We’re better inside and out than Arkansas, but the first game back from the holidays may not be our best. My prognostication is:

UConn 84 - Creighton 68
MoV 16

If I learn that Azzi will play I may have to revisit this.

Reaction Score
Defense and turnovers are my main concern. Therefore a little closer than expected:
UConn 85 - Creighton - 74

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Holiday layoff, team will be a little sluggish coming out. And Creighton at home.

UConn 86 - 62.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom