Prognosticators Game 21 (Oregon) Predictions | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 21 (Oregon) Predictions

Reaction Score
Liv has yet to play a great game against a great team, Squeaks is sick, and we have not scored more than 70 points against a great team. So,
UConn 63
Oregon 78

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
In order for UConn to win this game, they're going to have to play the "Nolan Richardson" style of basketball.
His teams typically played an up tempo game with intense pressure defense - a style that was known as "40 Minutes of Hell." :mad: Let's see if they can pull it off.

I don't think they can play that style of ball until next year. Right now they aren't deep enough to absorb the fouls that would come from that.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Here's what is going around on campus...We can't be curmudgeons now can we????

UConnDuck.jpeg

Reaction Score
I have spoken. So shall it be.
I had UConn losing by 19. The talent level and athleticism of Oregon was way above this UConn particular team. Oregon was just really impressive. Also they’re a really high b-ball IQ team.

Reaction Score
What's amazing to me is not that multiple Boneyarders are predicting that UConn will lose in Storrs but by an outlandish point spread. What kind of medications are you people taking? What is in the water? If this Oregon team were undefeated and had won all their games by double figures, I could ALMOST see the potential for a big loss by the Huskies who aren't nearly the powerhouse they've been more recently but this Oregon team has lost and has won a number of other games against good but not great teams by relatively narrow margins. How bad do you think this UConn team is?????
I was only off by 1. What say you now?

Reaction Score
I don't think that prediction is any more outlandish than the point spread you've got UConn LOSING by .... you sound as if this Huskie team is a mediocre freshman team rather than a top 5 team playing at home .....
I predicted a 20 point loss for UCONN. The final deficit was 18. I have spoken, so shall it be. Oh, by the way, I am a UCONN fan. I just choose to live in a world where objective facts still matter.

Regardless of the Oregon outcome, this UCONN team is plenty good despite their shortcomings (yuk, yuk, yuk) and will, as usual, go deep in the NCAA Tournament.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Are you still wondering why so many of us picked Oregon? This was not a hard game to call. Oregon is that much better RIGHT NOW than UConn. Lots of us saw that. Oregon is very good, deep and steady. UConn has not been as consistent as they should be. Some players have failed to perform as expected against the top ranked programs. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Those of us that went with our better judgement went with Oregon.

you know that I often get accused of being mr negativity so I figured I'd give positivity a shot................UConn always has a shooter's chance against great competition but a combo of good defense and just lousy shooting made for an early evening............the season's not over yet but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm really looking forward to the influx of talent arriving next season.........

Reaction Score
As I said to the original poster, when has UConn been BLOWN OUT by anyone at home in the Geno era???? The women's national team didn't come close to blowing the Huskies out just recently and yet, Oregon will????? I just can't fathom that happening and to have multiple posters saying the same thing is beyond amazing.

It happened

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Probably the first time ever , I am glad the sports world does not really care about WCBB. :(

Reaction Score
I think the Irwin ‘experiment’ I over. At this stage of the season the Marakat confidence facto should be behind her. February - there are no freshmen. We played for stretches but too many blown defensive assignments. Play off Minyon Moore, give her as much room from 10 feet and out as you can. She had too many uncontested layups and perhaps needs to smile once in a while - this is supposed to be fun. Sabally killed us as did Boley early. I think we kept Sabrina in tow for the most part. Crystal was stellar!! Anna continues to show poise.

Reaction Score
What makes Oregon a hungrier team???? I like that some of the Boneyarders have such a wonderful grasp of the mindset and the psyche of a team that's based 3000 miles away .... BECAUSE WHAT ???????????????
They certainly played that way didn’t they?

Reaction Score
It happened
I was wrong but then again, I didn't imagine this team not only playing some pretty porous defense but to miss so many wide open shots ..... Their 3 point shooting average for the first half was so much higher than their two point shooting that it was ridiculous .. so many clunkers, shot after shot after shot ..... I don't know if you could have had a much worse shooting night if you blindfolded the team and then just pointed them in the general direction of the basket and said, "heave ho" ..... it was beyond dreadful with the exception of Crystal and our dear Liz .... I'm not sure who the Huskies could have beaten the other night based on their performance .... they played a real stinker and it was less about how good Oregon was (they were good) but how terribly bad the Huskies shot and defended ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom