Problems,KML, Mo,and Breanna | The Boneyard

Problems,KML, Mo,and Breanna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All three have had problems this year. We just have to relax and let Geno and his staff do their prep for the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Although, I would prefer the word 'challenges' to 'problems.'

Reaction Score
All three have had problems this year. We just have to relax and let Geno and his staff do their prep for the Final Four.
I was just thinking about how Moriah was struggling just a short time ago but in the past five or six games, it seems like she's been a monster. She's played brilliantly and it's wonderful news for all of us on the Boneyard and in UConn land. Breanna has had some doldrums but seems to be playing better. KML is still a subject of concern to some. Obviously they are all talented kids but it'd be nice to have everyone hitting on all cylinders, if not now, by the end of next month. Even with a little struggle, it seems the Huskies are doing okay, doesn't it!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I know that during my working career I never had a bad day in the office, never caught the flu, or had a headache, or an upset stomach, always had a positive attitude, never got a bad night's sleep or came into the office tired, was always emotional stable, never had relationship problems, or disagreements with colleagues, etc. I just don't understand why these 18-22 year olds aren't perfect every day in practice and games - they only have to sustain it for 5 months, it should be a cake walk! :eek::rolleyes::cool::confused:

Just saying ....

JS

Reaction Score
I know that during my working career I never had a bad day in the office, never caught the flu, or had a headache, or an upset stomach, always had a positive attitude, never got a bad night's sleep or came into the office tired, was always emotional stable, never had relationship problems, or disagreements with colleagues, etc.
It was probably your thieving they objected to.

Reaction Score
I know that during my working career I never had a bad day in the office, never caught the flu, or had a headache, or an upset stomach, always had a positive attitude, never got a bad night's sleep or came into the office tired, was always emotional stable, never had relationship problems, or disagreements with colleagues, etc. I just don't understand why these 18-22 year olds aren't perfect every day in practice and games - they only have to sustain it for 5 months, it should be a cake walk! :eek::rolleyes::cool::confused:

Just saying ....
Well said Uc. Well said. Buzzy also. You can say this about any of the women at some point of this first third of the season. This is the premier team in WCBB. I'm glad that you have faith in the coaches, how about having some for the players?

Last edited by a moderator:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
UC - that was perfect!

This team is still evolving and growing. We're just seeing growing pains.

Reaction Score
The really good news is that we don't need her to score as much as we used to. Seems to be a different hero every night. Of course I'd still love to see her throw up those most beautiful 3 pointers in the history of the game.

Reaction Score
The good news is that (except for the one game we are all trying to forget) that when the top stars have problems, it has allowed other players to step up and grab some spotlight and confidence. Ultimately it will be a better team when all the options need to be respected by opponents. Our team learns how to take advantage when the opponents concentrate on stopping one or two players. And those players don't get upset over being "stopped" when they can contribute to other players' scoring and the team victory.
This can be a very flexible team come March with different lineups to combat different situations and no one player having to be great every night.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The good news is that (except for the one game we are all trying to forget) that when the top stars have problems, it has allowed other players to step up and grab some spotlight and confidence. Ultimately it will be a better team when all the options need to be respected by opponents. Our team learns how to take advantage when the opponents concentrate on stopping one or two players. And those players don't get upset over being "stopped" when they can contribute to other players' scoring and the team victory.
This can be a very flexible team come March with different lineups to combat different situations and no one player having to be great every night.

Good points. If you look at the two articles in Nan's news today, you see KML responding to the 2 game "drought" and Geno gives some insight. He directly states he wants her moving more and making opportunities, but also acknowledges that defenses concentrating on her present opportunities for others. I continue to think the team has to become a better screening unit. I don't look for such things, but I cannot recall any double screen set ups (does anyone) which sometimes are necessary to get that 3 from the corner set up.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Rocky - yes they do run the double stack screens and they are screening quite a lot - but good defenses do hedge screens or switch off ball. And specific to the St Johns game - I don't think I have ever seen a team do as good a job of staying on KML even when Uconn was out in transition. She just was not ever left 'open'.
We always are proud of Uconn's defensive prowess and ability to shut down certain players- sometimes you have to tip your cap to opponents. But that kind of defense especially with a middle of the pack team is usually a trade off allowing other players to go off.

Reaction Score
When is the last time Breanna didn't play? She's always played "summer" ball. Maybe it's time for her to give it a rest for a summer, but the odds are she won't.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
When is the last time Breanna didn't play? She's always played "summer" ball. Maybe it's time for her to give it a rest for a summer, but the odds are she won't.
She actually had most of the summer 'off' this year as the WC practices really didn't happen until the begin of school - so she was traveling and playing while the team was in their unofficial pick-up game and individual work out routine. College players even when trying out/playing for a USA team actually get quite a bit of time off from 'team' practices and games, unlike their professional counterparts who play for two teams with overlapping seasons. And unlike HS players who go from the HS season straight into AAU with any USA stuff on top.
None of these players really take time off as they are training most of the time even if not with a team - just like pretty much all world class athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom