Princeton on TV tonight! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Princeton on TV tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watched the first half of the Harvard game, and was impressed. Princeton knows what it wants to do on both sides of the ball and has that machine-like quality we appreciate.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Princeton, like the men's team, is all about quality shots. They look for layups or open 3-pointers. It's a very disciplined approach.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I saw the second half of the televised game against Harvard. My overall impression is that Princeton's athletes are obviously inferior in physical talent to UConn's (and they miss a lot more layups), but their offensive system and their passing are extremely similar. They distribute the ball, make difficult passes into the post successfully, and spread the floor. I think they would be competitive for 2nd place in the AAC.

Courtney Banghart is possibly another candidate to replace Geno upon his retirement, especially if she can maintain this level of dominance in the Ivy League for the next several years.

And I wonder if Tami Fagbenle is on the Sun's radar as a possible draft choice.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Princeton is at Brown Friday Feb. 13 at 7:00 and at Yale Saturday Feb. 14 at 7:00.

Reaction Score
No doubt at all that Princeton would run East Carolina—and most of the AAC—out of the gym. I was at the Dartmouth game last night. Any UConn fan would appreciate the Tigers. Great teamwork, look for the fast break, good screens and cuts, work hard to get someone open underneath, find the open man, take opportunistic threes. They run hard, work hard, and give off that precision vibe we're used to seeing. Very polished. Will be surprised if they don't go a few rounds deeper into the tourney than we're used to seeing Ivy teams go. Dartmouth's not bad, and until the last few minutes held the Princeton lead to 10-15. They also work hard and run good stuff. They just don't have the horses.

(Also: Accapella group version of the National Anthem gets my vote as best of the year.)
I hadn't paid Princeton any attention before going to see them play Delaware this season. I have season tickets to Delaware games so I go to all the games.
Just watching Princeton warm up made me think "Something about this team is different!". They were running some kind of drill and they were very precise... and they all had this happy look on their faces. I think they were in a "Zone" as a team.
I also think they might get back into that zone in the next game and drive on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom