Princeton on TV tonight! | The Boneyard

Princeton on TV tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
NESN at 7:00. Undefeated Princeton at Harvard. We have seen posts about Princeton and just how good [or not] they are and what seeding they should get. Maybe some Boneyarders can watch this game and offer our usual combo of babble and wisdom.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
NESN at 7:00. Undefeated Princeton at Harvard. We have seen posts about Princeton and just how good [or not] they are and what seeding they should get. Maybe some Boneyarders can watch this game and offer our usual combo of babble and wisdom.

Looks like the men's teams, not the women's.

Reaction Score
Their schedules say the Princeton men are playing Harvard at Princeton at 6, while the women are at Harvard at 7. So this should be the women. They're on to Hanover for Dartmouth tomorrow evening at 6.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Their schedules say the Princeton men are playing Harvard at Princeton at 6, while the women are at Harvard at 7. So this should be the women. They're on to Hanover for Dartmouth tomorrow evening at 6.
Yep, my bad (and Time Warner, which listed info for the men's teams. But the women are on the court. Should be interesting.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
'Course, it looks like better balanced basketball than delivered by the SEC. Guards actually shoot and make them.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Understand both teams are taking an LSAT seminar together at the half.

PS. Went to two Ivies myself. Just saying they are what they are.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The final was 96-46. Princeton out-shot Harvard by 59% to 24%. Sounds like a UConn game.

Temi Fagbenle--remember her?--was the leading scorer for the Crimson.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
The final was 96-46. Princeton out-shot Harvard by 59% to 24%. Sounds like a UConn game.

Temi Fagbenle--remember her?--was the leading scorer for the Crimson.

It may sound like a UConn game, but Princeton didn't play out the last couple of minutes as UConn would. With a nearly 50-point lead, they were taking quick 3-pointers and driving the lane very early in the shot clock. UConn, as we know, will walk the ball up and work on half-court offense in this very familiar situation. If I were the Harvard coach, I'd a been a bit peeeved.

Reaction Score
It may sound like a UConn game, but Princeton didn't play out the last couple of minutes as UConn would. With a nearly 50-point lead, they were taking quick 3-pointers and driving the lane very early in the shot clock. UConn, as we know, will walk the ball up and work on half-court offense in this very familiar situation. If I were the Harvard coach, I'd a been a bit peeeved.
They're not UCONN and I don't think they're worried about it.

Reaction Score
They won again tonight on the road. 19-0, I believe.

I can't wait until next weekend to go see them in person at Princeton! I may just buy a season ticket for the rest of the games. The last few may get a lot of wagon-jumpers.

I hope ESPN starts televising their games especially if SC gets beat by U-Know-Who.

Reaction Score
No doubt at all that Princeton would run East Carolina—and most of the AAC—out of the gym. I was at the Dartmouth game last night. Any UConn fan would appreciate the Tigers. Great teamwork, look for the fast break, good screens and cuts, work hard to get someone open underneath, find the open man, take opportunistic threes. They run hard, work hard, and give off that precision vibe we're used to seeing. Very polished. Will be surprised if they don't go a few rounds deeper into the tourney than we're used to seeing Ivy teams go. Dartmouth's not bad, and until the last few minutes held the Princeton lead to 10-15. They also work hard and run good stuff. They just don't have the horses.

(Also: Accapella group version of the National Anthem gets my vote as best of the year.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom