Priceless Syracuse Fans | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Priceless Syracuse Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Think Wooden and UCLA are pretty much top 5 if not 1. He was a class act. We are charging fast and have a very Wooden-esque coach whom I'm sure the Wizard is smiling down upon him now, approvingly.

UCLA was dirtier than a $3 bill when they were winning all those titles.. I'm not in the camp that believes Wooden knew nothing about it

Reaction Score
enjoy life in siberia. once uconn joins the big 10, thats where syracuse will find itself.

Man I sure do hope the B1G is where we wind up not the ACC. I am not a football fan but, with VERY limited football related knowledge, I would think that the B1G would be the much preferred destination. And I would hope that Warde Manuel's B1G background(Michigan) might give the B1G the necessary edge(yes, I know it will come down to bucks,bucks and more bucks!).

GO HUSKIES!!!
2014 NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
"DOUBLE TROUBLE!!!"
UConn-Champs-4.11.2014-edit.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UConn Hoops1 said:
Man I sure do hope the B1G is where we wind up not the ACC. I am not a football fan but, with VERY limited football related knowledge, I would think that the B1G would be the much preferred destination. And I would hope that Warde Manuel's B1G background(Michigan) might give the B1G the necessary edge(yes, I know it will come down to bucks,bucks and more bucks!).

GO HUSKIES!!!
2014 NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
"DOUBLE TROUBLE!!!"

B1G FB gets 40k to show up at Indiana and NW. 60k to the Rent would be easy-peasy.

Reaction Score
They think they are a program on the same level as UCONN. We are UCONN. Let them wallow in their miserable little world. Their HOF coach has just been tied in NCs by our second year coach- that is the difference between our programs in a nutshell.

If someone has to tell you that they're just as good as someone else, chances are that they're not.

Orc

Reaction Score
If someone has to tell you that they're just as good as someone else, chances are that they're not.

When you're a always a complete fail in march then the only thing you can really brag about is getting picked in conference realignment. T-shirt anyone?lol. They really think/wish uconn will be in the aac forever.

Reaction Score
I love how they view UCONN as a "mid-major" now and we will eventually fizzle away because UCONN cannot generate revenue. They also view KO like Shaka Smart and Brad Stevens as fads that will fade away....Where do they come up with this???

While the AAC might not be a "power conference", it did have 5 teams in the Top 25 for the majority of the season. That hardly counts as a mid-major....

Reaction Score
And KO won the championship. That's something Shaka, Stevens and Mike Davis never did. Once a coach wins a title, he's on another level.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And KO won the championship. That's something Shaka, Stevens and Mike Davis never did. Once a coach wins a title, he's on another level.
and being on another level means he'll leave for the NBA... I have a hard time caring about the haters. Call us whatever you like it doesn't matter to me because the rest of the national is calling us nation champions... for the 4th time.

(Oh and for what it's worth, a bit of truth works itself in with the hate. When a lot programs have a good season the haters say that they will lose their coach to a better college. They don't do that at UConn because they aren't better jobs at the college level.)

Reaction Score
I love how they view UCONN as a "mid-major" now and we will eventually fizzle away because UCONN cannot generate revenue. They also view KO like Shaka Smart and Brad Stevens as fads that will fade away....Where do they come up with this???

While the AAC might not be a "power conference", it did have 5 teams in the Top 25 for the majority of the season. That hardly counts as a mid-major....
Eh.

Boeheim has been coaching Syracuse for nearly 40 years. Ollie has won as many national championships in two years.

If KO is a fad, I would love to know what Boeheim is.

Reaction Score
Introduction of the first members of the Syracuse fan hall of fame caught on tape.

Reaction Score
Here's the thing. I see "Syracuse" in the thread title, and, honestly, my only emotion is one of complete apathy. I simply don't care anymore. We are not in the same conference. We are unlikely to be in the same conference again any time soon. They will not schedule out of conference games against us. Realistically, the only chance of us playing Syracuse again in the next few years is if we happen to meet them in the 1st or 2nd round of the Tourni.

The rivalry is completely dead at this point. It's dead, and I don't care if it is ever revived. It was what it was.

Ultimately, however, the reason that I don't care about Syracuse anymore is because they could no longer be a competent rival regardless of conference affiliation. They just flat out aren't on our level. 2011 set up the nail in that coffin, and 2014 drove it flush.

I know it sounds snobbish and condescending, but it is what it is - they are simply in competition for the best of the mass of mediocre teams out there struggling to become more than one NC teams. With Boeheim, they are unlikely to emerge from the pack.

They are MC Hammer or North Korea or Paris Hilton or modern art - just not relevant, and I just can't care, whether to hate or root against or anything. They're just completely off my caring radar.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Syracuse? Is that the team that Carmelo played for that one year 12 years ago?

Reaction Score

You need to update your name.;):p

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Strummer said:
Here's the thing. I see "Syracuse" in the thread title, and, honestly, my only emotion is one of complete apathy. I simply don't care anymore. We are not in the same conference. We are unlikely to be in the same conference again any time soon. They will not schedule out of conference games against us. Realistically, the only chance of us playing Syracuse again in the next few years is if we happen to meet them in the 1st or 2nd round of the Tourni. The rivalry is completely dead at this point. It's dead, and I don't care if it is ever revived. It was what it was. Ultimately, however, the reason that I don't care about Syracuse anymore is because they could no longer be a competent rival regardless of conference affiliation. They just flat out aren't on our level. 2011 set up the nail in that coffin, and 2014 drove it flush. I know it sounds snobbish and condescending, but it is what it is - they are simply in competition for the best of the mass of mediocre teams out there struggling to become more than one NC teams. With Boeheim, they are unlikely to emerge from the pack. They are MC Hammer or North Korea or Paris Hilton or modern art - just not relevant, and I just can't care, whether to hate or root against or anything. They're just completely off my caring radar.
Good post and I agree with all your points. Thing is I didn't start this as a bash Syracuse program, they are such a cute, plucky little program who overachieved their way to one title through grit and determination. Good for them, it's like a short bus rider making the honor roll. I started this thread to laugh at how much we are in that fan bases collective head. They seriously started a new message board because some of them can't stand the fact that it is own and run by people associated with the boneyard. They are losing their minds. I seriously saw a couple posters over there say they would rather have " financial security through conference affiliation" rather than our championships. I mean how sad is it that you are a sports fan and so dejected now that your claim to fame over a rival has nothing to do with the actual sport, but with conference realignment?! They are now hanging their hat in that. It is an amusing study.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Rick Barnes comes to mind. Maybe Dixon considering his atrocious post season. But point taken.

I was gonna say Tom Crean. But Barnes will do.

I'll give Dixon a pass. He's had a few good players, but only a couple McD's AAs and hardly any 5-stars. A bit of bad luck the year Nova took out the DeJuan Blair team - that one should've have a FF. He's got to change his style of play though in order to get some better kids in there. Nobody wants to play boring ball.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What's really amusing about the Syracuse jealousy is that the Duke forums are impressed with UConn, and while happy "cheating" Calhoun is gone, seem to respect Ollie quite a bit. And it seems a lot of them would love to see the ACC boot BCU to the curb and take us.

I don't think Duke will be a shoulder for Cuse to cry on.

Reaction Score
Who cares about the Fruits? We didn't just pass by them, we blew by them. They are not worthy as a rival no more. UCONN will be going for #5 while the Fruits will do their usual 1st or second round exits choke jobs as usual.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A nose picker that turns his head when kids are being abused and soon to be a retired college basketball coach?
"Drops mic"

Reaction Score
The thing is UCONN & Syracuse were the one constant in the Big East for many, many years… When other Big East programs were going through down years, you could always count on UCONN & Syracuse to remain highly ranked throughout the year & to ably carry the conference flag into the NCAA Tournament…

Then these ass-bags left for the greener pastures of the ACC. Can't blame them for that… We all wanted to be there…

Instead of taking the higher road, they went down the path of belittling our program, & claiming we were nothing more than a mid-major who would soon fade away into nothingness…

WHOOPS!

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Good post and I agree with all your points. Thing is I didn't start this as a bash Syracuse program, they are such a cute, plucky little program who overachieved their way to one title through grit and determination. Good for them, it's like a short bus rider making the honor roll. I started this thread to laugh at how much we are in that fan bases collective head. They seriously started a new message board because some of them can't stand the fact that it is own and run by people associated with the boneyard. They are losing their minds. I seriously saw a couple posters over there say they would rather have " financial security through conference affiliation" rather than our championships. I mean how sad is it that you are a sports fan and so dejected now that your claim to fame over a rival has nothing to do with the actual sport, but with conference realignment?! They are now hanging their hat in that. It is an amusing study.
Basketball Stockholm Syndrome. They've become so used to being a second-rate program that they prefer their status now. 10 years, one FF, almost constant disappointment, while watching big brother win three titles and make it to four FF in said 10 years will do that.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Reading the cuse forum was priceless during our run. Will be one of my greatest memories of 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom