Press conference thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Press conference thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It's not just a job to us, not just a career to us. This football team is our family. In football, it's a brotherhood of men. Not life and death but it's everything to us [coaches]. This is the player's team...

...and that's the conclusion.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The only way that this presser could have gone better is if Warde walked in, threw DeLeone's spine on the table and then just kept talking without acknowledging it.

Or, better, used it as a pointer to call on reporters.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Did he really say "we are going to hit them in the mouth"??? Did that bastard steal my line?!? ;)

I knew you'd like that! And yes, yes he did. Maybe Weist is a Boneyard poster too.

Reaction Score
PHHORFt7e9ZiLI_1_m.jpg

The only way that this presser could have gone better is if Warde walked in, threw DeLeone's spine on the table and then just kept talking without acknowledging it.

Or, better, used it as a pointer to call on reporters.

Reaction Score
I like Warde Manual. But ... We have a lot of things that need to be done successfully. Lets get it on. No more crappy performances in Football. (And thank you for that Kevin Ollie process ... I believe we are gonna be good)

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
It's going to take more than a presser and a power tie to impress me.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
PaulDoyle1 4:32pm via Web
Manuel: Talked to several donors, figured out where things stand financially. "We're not going backwards." #UConn

Translation: I called Burton this morning, and he quickly paid me $750,000 cash to get rid of PP and GDL--as long as he could be the one to gather up all of their belongings from 'his building' and physically throw them out the window for PP and GDL to collect on their own from the lawn. As a thank you gift, he has been given a seat at the table when we discuss the future coachin hire, as well as a life-size voo-doo doll of Jeff Hathaway for Burton to use for target practice.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Sounds like TJ Weist hinted at DeLeone and Pasqualoni being a big part of the offense this year and in the past. Going to evaluate what the coaching staff wants to going forward.
This is exactly the sense I got from the Weist... also the bit about evaluating the talent we have and deciding what we do best. It sounds like PP and GDL kept trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It's going to take more than a presser and a power tie to impress me.
How about if it's a really nice tie? Hopefully he won't have snot running down his face during the games.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This is exactly the sense I got from the Weist... also the bit about evaluating the talent we have and deciding what we do best. It sounds like PP and GDL kept trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.
Didn't need a press conference for that revelation.

Reaction Score
It's basically like Warde stayed up all night and combed through the Boneyard and summarized that he shares all of our frustrations and concerns and shares our goals, even down to the monetary concerns of hiring the next coach with PP's buyout.

He nailed this thing. Hopefully he follows through on his end.

Exactly what I was thinking and telling a buddy at work. Thought I was dreaming in some alternate universe. Still couldn't feel too sorry for the guy given he was the last guy in the room (except for Carl and the horde) to figure this out, causing himself another four games of agony and digging the hole further. But in some ways you have to understand the dilemma.

So I'm glad he finally got it right and we move on from here. My new nickname for TJ is "Nails". Hope the guys on the team adopt that same attitude. Today was a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom