President Herbst answered no questions leaving meeting | The Boneyard

President Herbst answered no questions leaving meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Dom Amore twitter. Don't know how to read her lack of response to questions. Would not confirm that UConn is committed to the BE.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
It's OK. The great waddle is in progress as Marinatto approaches the mic and says " No Comment as several teams are debating todays' proposals"

RS9999X

Reaction Score
It's often a prepared statement and gets sent to the AP before he utters his first word and then updated if there is Q&A

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Last week the official B12 statement hit ESPN before the Twitter crowd at the meeting reported anything

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Marinatto to talk to the media shortly from The Olive Garden
I'll wager heavily that Marinatto has never set foot in an Olive Garden. I'll also wager heavily that Marinatto knows every good little Italian joint in the DC area and is finishing off his dinner at one of them as we speak.

Reaction Score
I'll wager heavily that Marinatto has never set foot in an Olive Garden. I'll also wager heavily that Marinatto knows every good little Italian joint in the DC area and is finishing off his dinner at one of them as we speak.

If he knows where to get a good pizza in DC, would someone ask him to tell the GW students who post here. Because they all say there are none.

Reaction Score
If he knows where to get a good pizza in DC, would someone ask him to tell the GW students who post here. Because they all say there are none.
IMO, DC isn't a great restaurant town compared to other cities. The farther south you go the worse the pizza gets.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That would be a tough one.

A little more than 25 years ago a girl I was dating relocated to DC and there was a decent little Italian place in Georgetown next to a very good little German (actually claimed to be Austrian & Swiss) restaurant. I don't remember the names of either place and they could both very well be entirely different restaurants today.

Reaction Score
From my Georgetown days, Filomena on Wisconsin & M was the best Italian; Pizza Paradiso in Dupont was the choice for pizza although I never thought it was never better than the Tombs.

Reaction Score
That would be a tough one.

A little more than 25 years ago a girl I was dating relocated to DC and there was a decent little Italian place in Georgetown next to a very good little German (actually claimed to be Austrian & Swiss) restaurant. I don't remember the names of either place and they could both very well be entirely different restaurants today.

German place has to be Old Europe - up near the Naval observatory. I think it has been there forever and always got great reviews. Not sure about he Italian place next door.

Reaction Score

There's Pete's New Haven Style Apizza up in NW on Irving St (across from DC USA Mall). Best I've had in DC and I work in NH.

Reaction Score
From my Georgetown days, Filomena on Wisconsin & M was the best Italian; Pizza Paradiso in Dupont was the choice for pizza although I never thought it was never better than the Tombs.

Filomena's was a favorite of mine too. Unfortunately it has slipped IMO in recent years. A bit too much riding on its historic rep.

Reaction Score

There isn't much good pizza in a great many parts of the country. Upstate NY has Utica, and that's it. Michigan, no. Pennsylvania, no. I hesitate to call the Chicago stuff pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom