Preseason Prognosticator's Predictions Game 4 - UConn vs Pecs | The Boneyard

Preseason Prognosticator's Predictions Game 4 - UConn vs Pecs

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Final preseason game of the European tour against Pecs in Murano, Italy. So far no one has actually given UConn any challenges and the last game against the Italian All-Stars would have been much worse if the game had gone a full 4 quarters instead of 3. UConn appears to be improving every game and I believe that this game will end up the same as the previous three, a landslide victory, UConn 102 - Pecs 48. All prognostications must be submitted 15 minutes before scheduled tip-off, which I believe is either 12:00 or 1:00 PM Eastern. The winner must be stated by name, no post like 78 - 60 the good guy's, either UConn or Pecs. Attached is the Prognosticator's Predictions Rules and Scoring System sheet. Good luck to all you Prognosticator's out there.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System.pdf
    112.9 KB · Views: 101
Reaction Score
This match with Pecs will be, I'm afraid, due to environmental factors and lack of air conditioning in the Murano gym since a temperature of 39 degrees is expected, worse than the last one... Anyway, Huskies always come on!!!
Uconn 91 - Pecs 57

Reaction Score
UCONN 98 - other team on the court 43; MoV: 55

All Freshmen are tremendous on both sides of the ball....

Reaction Score
Uconn 89 to Pecs 67. No one gets hurt and Caroline gets thru a game without getting hit in the head!!!!!

Reaction Score
PEAC's roster:

Eight players that I would consider senior pros, but that would include 16 year old Eszter Ratkai, and four largely unproven youth. Neither of their Americans, Peyton Williams or Sydney Wallace, have started practicing with the team yet.

Reaction Score
That was an interesting article and a fun read to see the upcoming game from the other sides perspective. I did get a chuckle at the reference to their "12 championships" A few months premature?
:D

Reaction Score
This game today? Time?
Thursday August 24, unknown time ( to me )
PEAC's roster:

Eight players that I would consider senior pros, but that would include 16 year old Eszter Ratkai, and four largely unproven youth. Neither of their Americans, Peyton Williams or Sydney Wallace, have started practicing with the team yet.
I attempted to get some info and stats on the PECS players listed in this thread/ article. Given that
some of the "facts' may be old or somewhat inaccurate, here is what I found: Matea Tadic, 23 years old,
5 ' 9" Played for Croatia FIBA 2023 7.3 ppf 4 assists pg. Angelika Kiss, just a facebook reference,
new to team?, Beatrix Meresz, 23 years old, "swingman" 6'1", played for Hungry in the WORLD UNIVERSITY
games 14.4 ppg, shoots no threes, FG% 47.8. Virag Weniger 26 years of age, 5'10", Point Guard, 2.6 ppg,
Nadia Smailbegovic , Serbian, 5'10" Guard, 4.9 ppg : Eszter Ratkai, 18 years old, Played for the Hungarian
National Team u 16 and u 18, 10.1 ppg 3.5 rb pg; Sara Laczko, Hungarian " swingman" 18 years of age,
9.4 ppg with a 63.0 % fg % !!!!!!!!!! free throw % : 89 % !!!!!! 5' 9".....; Adenike Olawuyi Nigerian National Team
6' 3", no stats, played little on the Nigerian team, ( Afro Basket, FIBA tournament ), Dorka Piukovits,
Hungarian 17 years of age, no stats, ; Lili Anna Puskas, Hungarian, 15 years old!! no stats. ; Petra
Hogye, 23 years old, Hungarian 5' 10" forward, no stats found. Peyton Williams, KANSAS STATE, from
Topeka Kansas, career stats at KANSAS STATE: 12.3 ppg fg % .494 three point % .282, Rb per game 7.7 ?? There is a question whether she has joined up with the team as of yet??, and I could not find information
about Sydney Wallas ( there is male, Sydney Wallace who is somehow related to Georgia Tech. ) So.... My guess
is: 1) Tadic 23 years old, 2) Meresz 23 years old, a wing, 3) Weninger 26 years old, point guard. 4) Smailbegovic 22 years old, guard, and 5) Hogye 23 years old, forward. The other ages are: unknown/ new, and 18, 19, 17, 15. The NIGERIAN player, Adenike
Olawuyi, 6' 3" , is probably not a factor. BUT.... WILL SARA LACZKO be a factor?? 18 year old "swingman", see her nice stats, above. This could be the best game of the European Tour.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom