Preseason AAC rankings and such | The Boneyard

Preseason AAC rankings and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jon Rothstein‏@JonRothstein 3m3 minutes ago
Preseason AAC Power Rankings: SMU, UConn, Cincinnati, Memphis, Tulsa, Houston, Temple, South Florida, Central Florida, Tulane, ECU.

Jon Rothstein‏@JonRothstein 50s51 seconds ago
AAC Preseason First-Team: N. Moore (SMU), J. Woodard (Tulsa), D. Hamilton (UConn), M. Kennedy (SMU), Shaq Goodwin (Memphis).

Jon Rothstein‏@JonRothstein 32s33 seconds ago
AAC Preseason Player of the Year: Nic Moore SMU

Jon Rothstein‏@JonRothstein 44s44 seconds ago
AAC Sleeper for 15-16: Houston

Jon Rothstein‏@JonRothstein 7m7 minutes ago
5 Impact AAC Transfers: Semi Ojeleye (SMU), Sterling Gibbs (UConn), Ricky Tarrant (Memphis), Damyean Dotson (Houston), Roddy Peters (USF).

Jon Rothstein‏@JonRothstein 6m6 minutes ago
5 Under-The-Radar AAC Transfers: S. Miller (UConn), J. Tolbert (SMU), R. Johnson (Houston), R. Gray (Houston), A. Nunez (USF).

Jon Rothstein‏@JonRothstein 5m5 minutes ago
5 Impact AAC Freshman: Jalen Adams (UConn), Stephen Enoch (UConn), Dedric Lawson (Memphis), K.J. Lawson (Memphis), Shake Milton (SMU).

Jon Rothstein‏@JonRothstein 4m4 minutes ago
5 Under-The-Radar AAC Freshman: J. Evans (Cincy), J. Jennifer (Cincy), G. Robinson (Houston), L. Alston (Temple), T. Lowe (Temple).

Jon Rothstein‏@JonRothstein 2m2 minutes ago
5 AAC Breakout Players for 15-16: J. Brown (Temple), O. Enechionyia (Temple), D. Wright (Tulsa), B. Moore (SMU), D. Osetkowski (Tulane).

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Still can't get over smu and also the fact nic moore is getting more love than the big east player of the year. Last year boat got shafted bc his team wasn't good. I think purvis turns a lot of heads. Can't wait for the season

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Gibbs wasn't even on the first team all Big East.
lol ugh. I just don't think he's good at all. It's bc of his team. Still think uconn can win the conference this year and will have a couple players win honors

Reaction Score
I don't know if it's even allowed but I wouldn't be surprised if we have 3 first team conference guys.

Reaction Score
SMU won the league last year and returns its 2 best players, don't get how people can gripe over this, but it is the boneyard

I think he's just saying that on paper our roster is MUCH more talented than any team in the conference. I agree with him on that front, but also have no problem if SMU is the preseason favorite. It means nothing

Reaction Score
I have no problem at all with Rothsteins tweets except I would def put Purvis in breakout players.

SMU won the conference last year and returns its two best players so of course they would be ranked 1. Also Nic Moore won POY last year so obvious choice for this season pre-season award.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
SMU won the league last year and returns its 2 best players, don't get how people can gripe over this, but it is the boneyard
I agree. But on paper UConn should be far more competitive this season and a contender. On paper the conference appears to be a lot stronger this season. Of course paper can easily be tossed aside. The season will prove if expectations are correct. Nonetheless I'm excited about this season.

Reaction Score
I think he's just saying that on paper our roster is MUCH more talented than any team in the conference. I agree with him on that front, but also have no problem if SMU is the preseason favorite. It means nothing
It's not just him griping...I think UConn's roster has the potential to go the deepest because of NBA talent, but as far as league play Cincy and SMU will be no slouches, they return alot of talent and SMU is brining in some nice transfers as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised at Miller not being listed as an 'impact' transfer, since he was definitely a top-10 guy who moved in the offseason, and he's almost certain to start this year. Peters is probably USF's starting PG, but he was incredibly ordinary for Maryland. I think Miller is a better version of the same player as Ojeleye, but given that the latter is coming from Duke, I'm not surprised they're slobbing his knob. Dotson could be a big-time scorer for Houston, and Tarrant is a stud. He'll probably be a top-3 PG in the conference behind Gibbs and Moore (in that order).

Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised at Miller not being listed as an 'impact' transfer, since he was definitely a top-10 guy who moved in the offseason, and he's almost certain to start this year. Peters is probably USF's starting PG, but he was incredibly ordinary for Maryland. I think Miller is a better version of the same player as Ojeleye, but given that the latter is coming from Duke, I'm not surprised they're slobbing his knob. Dotson could be a big-time scorer for Houston, and Tarrant is a stud. He'll probably be a top-3 PG in the conference behind Gibbs and Moore (in that order).
After Gibbs committed Rothstein tweeted his projected starting lineup and it was Gibbs, Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, and Brimah. He's been kinda downplaying the Miller addition just a lil bit, no way he doesn't start.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's not just him griping...I think UConn's roster has the potential to go the deepest because of NBA talent, but as far as league play Cincy and SMU will be no slouches, they return alot of talent and SMU is brining in some nice transfers as well.

Reaction Score
Cincy won 22 regular season games last year and brought back everyone of note, not to mention their head coach. I think you could put UConn, SMU, and Cincy in any order.

Tulsa also brought back everybody but won't get any respect simply because they are Tulsa. If they don't make the tournament now, I'm not sure when they will. They are all seniors.

I still think Memphis should be better even without Nichols.

Houston could be 100+ spots better in the RPI, which obviously helps everybody.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Cincy won 22 regular season games last year and brought back everyone of note, not to mention their head coach. I think you could put UConn, SMU, and Cincy in any order.

Tulsa also brought back everybody but won't get any respect simply because they are Tulsa. If they don't make the tournament now, I'm not sure when they will. They are all seniors.

I still think Memphis should be better even without Nichols.

Houston could be 100+ spots better in the RPI, which obviously helps everybody.
I like tulsa( when we're not playing them) I think they're going to be good this year and get into the rankings. Cinci got a transfer right? Or did someone transfer out?

Reaction Score
Jon Rothstein‏@JonRothstein 3m3 minutes ago
Preseason AAC Power Rankings: SMU, UConn, Cincinnati, Memphis, Tulsa, Houston, Temple, South Florida, Central Florida, Tulane, ECU.

So I know our conference has a tough time putting teams in the tourney due to the lack of representation in the board room, but I look at the top 5 and think they all can get in this year. Then I look at the next 2 and think they could potentially be bubble teams. Overall, the AAC did not lose many big time players to the draft or graduation, making the conference much more experienced and polished. Is it completely ridiculous to believe that the AAC could maybe put 6-7 teams in this year???

Reaction Score
I searched twitter this morning for Boatright mentions after that game winner yesterday, and caught a hilarious chat between pathetic Cinci fans talking about how UConn wont do anything this year... since Kemba, Shabazz, Boatright are all gone. Who could provide the magic now? Had to laugh at that, seeing as how I trust 6 guys to be able to provide magic at some point in the season

Reaction Score
Temple will be an interesting one. They have some veteran talent, but they're going to need some of their freshman to come along quickly, especially Levan Alston. If he can handle the starting PG job, that would be a huge help. Neither Devin Coleman nor Josh Brown is a PG, but both will be forced to handle the ball some next year, and the more time Alston can give them there, the better they are. DeCosey and Morgan should give them enough scoring on the wings, and I think Jaylen Bond can be a quality 4-man in this league. They've got some questions at center, but Watson and Enechionyia could probably form a competent platoon. If Aflakpui can rebound, protect the rim, and stay on the floor, that would also be a huge help.

Reaction Score
So I know our conference has a tough time putting teams in the tourney due to the lack of representation in the board room, but I look at the top 5 and think they all can get in this year. Then I look at the next 2 and think they could potentially be bubble teams. Overall, the AAC did not lose many big time players to the draft or graduation, making the conference much more experienced and polished. Is it completely ridiculous to believe that the AAC could maybe put 6-7 teams in this year???
Yes, no shot the AAC gets 6+ teams in the tournament.

Reaction Score
the gap between frank mason and nic moore in the pan am games was startling. moore was terrible. Not sure how this dude was destroying the aac last year, and mocking us on his way doing so.

i expect something from purvis he could be a really high scoring guard if his consistency catches up. would bet it does seeing this is his pro try out. (a similar guy norman powell is thriving in SL and will be on an nba bench next season perhaps seeing tick).

that jaylen bond dude is an animal, hopefully miller brings his 'big boy pants' for bond + kennedy. Really if miller is one of the best 4s in the league i see no comp. you guys remember we played nolan at freakin pf at times last year .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom