Preliminary Seedings | The Boneyard

Preliminary Seedings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Why so late, won't make the 6 PM Sports Center. Would have more chance of getting coverage before tonight's Men's College and NBA games.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I need to go to Arby's real quick...I dont want to view these seedings on an empty stomach

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Top 20 Teams listed Alphabetically

B9mjC3hCMAArUJo.jpg

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
My humblest apologies to vowelguy. He was right on Tennessee being the 4th 1 seed. I was sure it would be Baylor.

Reaction Score
I do not see how both South Carolina and Tennessee can be #1's. They will be beating up on one another soon, and then most likely in the SEC Tourney... I say one is a 1. one is a 2.
UCONN, SC, Baylor, and ND. Of course I would love to see ND get in there to be up against SC... instead of us in the final four...

Reaction Score
SOS is everything this year - got TN into top 4, kept Baylor out.

SOS kept Miss ST out of top 20 in favor of Texas A&M despite their better SEC record and head-to-head victory over aTm.

Princeton didn't make the top 20, while two 7-loss teams did: UCONN win got Stanford into top 20, Oklahoma's Big 12 in-conference record got them in.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If South Carolina beats the Lady Vols in their match up, I don't see the Lady Vols getting a#1 seed. If Baylor and/or Maryland run the table, they'll get a #1 seed. Don't know what the committee will do if both run the table. There's also a possibility that Notre Dame could lose a conference game.

Chairperson also said the B12 has the strongest conference RPI. I don't know how they continue to do this as they're not the strongest conference for WBB.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I frankly don't buy Tenn, but then they have had an inside edge with the Committee for years and years - that SEC bias. SC may take care of that problem. Why do they think they have to preannounce like this anyway?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee has more wins against ranked teams. Than either Baylor or Maryland. That's why the number 1 seed. Tennessee still has games against Kentucky and South Carolina. That will determine the seed. A win in both games should lock it up. A split or lose both and they get a 2 seed.

Reaction Score
I think Voepel said "as of right now." Apparently this is just to get the current likely teams ready for the incredible logistics necessary to address all the items required to host, attend, et al that the NC entails. OF course the seedings may change. That's the nature of things unless your talking about UConn. All the others are transitory.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
<<<<<shaking head>>>>>

Didn't we try this Tennessee/South Carolina as #1 seed situation last year? And how did that turn out?

I realize its a new season but I don't get the SEC love. Oh well! Its just "as of right now" and i have no doubt it will sort itself out in the tourney ;)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
One more question!

I just watched the interview with the committee chair. Stanford is in solely becasue they are the only team to beat UCONN.

Ok. If that is the thought,

Where is Miami (who beat Notre Dame--later in the season may I add) and Chattanooga who beat Tennessee (why aren't they in the top 20)?

Just wondering!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
At the end of tonight, Baylor will have played 3 games against teams on that list... 2 vs OU, and the loss to KY. They need to beef up their schedule

Reaction Score
Why is called SEC love? Teams are evaluated, period.

Trust me, I have absolutely NO love for the SEC, but it was clear to me that TN was more deserving of a 1 seed than Baylor.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think Baylor must have saw these seedings before their game tonight..... they are putting a bear stomping on the sooners right now

Reaction Score
Early seedings seem like a pointless thing: the committee wanting to make itself useful for more than just March, maybe.

With UConn on the outside looking in (with respect to conferences), and given how much enthusiasm surrounds marquee OOC matchups in February, I would like to wave a magic wand and accomplish the following:

1. A mandatory rearranging of conference schedules. All conference schedules start in early-mid December. Then, there's a two week period in February in which conference games cannot take place.

2. Here's where the committee can make itself useful. Have them rank the teams using a mixture of polls, previous year results, and eye test. The number 1 team plays the next four teams down (not including any conference teams within that block). The number 2 team plays the number 1 team, plus the next three teams down. And so forth, all the way down to the 10th or even 20th rank. Try to set it up so that most or all teams get two home and two away games.

The main drawback? There would probably be more interesting matchups in all of that than there would be in the NCAA tournament itself. ;)

Reaction Score
Funny, no one mentions that the PAC got 5 teams in the top 20!

Cal was on the cusp for me, and I was very surprised by Wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom