Prefer not to join ACC +++ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prefer not to join ACC +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember all too well the early days of the Big East and being relegated to cellar dweller status. My brother went to Memphis and would constantly belittle my optimism as our Huskies began to improve. Needless to say we are light years ahead of them now.

My Big Ten desire is I believe we've earned the right to be considered in that league. Are we ready to win the conference? no. But we are good enough to be competitive and with time and more national exposure would start to challenge. And rivalries in one sport carry over to others (and television eyes gravitate toward rivalries). I'll bet year after year the Duke-UNC football game is one of the biggest draws in Carolina. A few upsets and Ohio State, Mich, and company are having their names bounced around in NYC parlors a lot more frequently than now.

And yes, that skeptical DNA has been around CT for at least the last 30 years. Is it the water?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I remember all too well the early days of the Big East and being relegated to cellar dweller status. My brother went to Memphis and would constantly belittle my optimism as our Huskies began to improve. Needless to say we are light years ahead of them now.

My Big Ten desire is I believe we've earned the right to be considered in that league. Are we ready to win the conference? no. But we are good enough to be competitive and with time and more national exposure would start to challenge. And rivalries in one sport carry over to others (and television eyes gravitate toward rivalries). I'll bet year after year the Duke-UNC football game is one of the biggest draws in Carolina. A few upsets and Ohio State, Mich, and company are having their names bounced around in NYC parlors a lot more frequently than now.

And yes, that skeptical DNA has been around CT for at least the last 30 years. Is it the water?
Those were the not so good old days. But every year I sit with my buddy and we would talk about this was our year. Our year to be second from last and not last.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom