• CT in OT

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • CT by 0-10 (in regulation)

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • CT by 10+ (in regulation)

Votes: 15 11.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I think I know all about CD's contributions to the program. Thanks.

If Chris ever becomes a head coach she will start off with zero national championships as a head coach. She has of course played a major role in the program's 11 national championships to date. As Geno often says, he would have none without her.

All I said was I disagree with you.....But she can claim them as an assistant coach. She was still a Coach.

Reaction Score
Am I wrong but wouldn't it go on her's also? Isn't that part of why she was inducted into the HOF?
Yes, on her individual resume I suppose. Point is, for the record books it goes under the Head Coach's name. There are great coaches in the HOF who have none like Stringer.

Reaction Score
Yes, on her individual resume I suppose. Point is, for the record books it goes under the Head Coach's name. There are great coaches in the HOF who have none like Stringer.

Agreed, part of what will be so intising about her as a head coach is that she has seen so much success as an Asst. Coach that you would be hopeful it would translate into a great head coach someday. But who knows maybe she doesn't wanna be.

Good point on the Stringer point.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
All I said was I disagree with you.....But she can claim them as an assistant coach. She was still a Coach.

We're talking apples and oranges. You're talking about what a coach can "claim" on her resume. I'm talking about a head coach's record as a head coach.

I can assure you no one is talking about Tonya Cardoza's multiple national championships as a coach.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I will wait until after today's game against Iowa before I make my predition. As usual the polls close at game time.

Reaction Score
OK, I'll break the ice...
Massey says UCONN 78 ND 76.... with 55% probability UCONN wins, 45% ND Wins.

I'm going to go with Massey, but with a score of
UCONN 80
ND 75

Win or lose, this is going to be a big game for both teams, but as we all know, in the big scheme of things this game means nothing except for the experience of playing in a BIG game in front of a loud fan base rooting for the home team. What our Team learns from this game will pay big dividends during the NCAA Tournament.

GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
only 19 votes?
Up to 26 now

ND picked by 2-to-1 margin, and about 75% expect the final difference to be in single digits.

Also, not quite sure how TonyC was able to vote twice.

Reaction Score
I will go with sadness, Notre Dame 78 to UConn 73. UConn women lose now to win later during the tournament.

Reaction Score
82-81 Uconn ! CW has to make the game winning shot as Lou is too closely guarded. Now we just have to hope that we don’t get in foul trouble.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
OK, I'll break the ice...
Massey says UCONN 78 ND 76.... with 55% probability UCONN wins, 45% ND Wins.

I'm going to go with Massey, but with a score of
UCONN 80
ND 75

Win or lose, this is going to be a big game for both teams, but as we all know, in the big scheme of things this game means nothing except for the experience of playing in a BIG game in front of a loud fan base rooting for the home team. What our Team learns from this game will pay big dividends during the NCAA Tournament.

GO HUSKIES!!!!

That's funny on his game match up page at 7 ET it is UConn 83-78 with a UConn win probability of 71%.

I'll go with that: UConn 83-78

Reaction Score
I'm not even considering a score in this one......................if UConn can run their break and hit three's they can win it, if not they're in big trouble.................expect the ball to go inside to Shepard and Turner all night long against UConn who don't even have Iowa's size...........the plan is simple, get Collier in foul trouble eliminating UConn's inside game and then double KLS..............I have no doubt ONO will be seeing time in this game and not because Geno wants her out there exposed ...............as always, get the win without injuries and get the heck out of South Bend..........

Reaction Score

I got a free Texas shirt when I went to The Drum last year to see UConn play. I couldn't give it away because everyone else at the game got one too, so I use it to wax my car (actually to Armor-All my tires - waxing is too clean for this rag). I went to school at OU and I have HATED orange (Texas, Okie State) since long before I was ever concerned with Tennessee.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I got a free Texas shirt when I went to The Drum last year to see UConn play. I couldn't give it away because everyone else at the game got one too, so I use it to wax my car (actually to Armor-All my tires - waxing is too clean for this rag). I went to school at OU and I have HATED orange (Texas, Okie State) since long before I was ever concerned with Tennessee.

How do you feel about Syracuse, Illinois, and Clemson?

Reaction Score
How do you feel about Syracuse, Illinois, and Clemson?
I have a mild dislike for Syracuse, due to UCONN WBB (They beat us back in 1996 or something, then put highlights of that game on the cover of their media guide for the next 10 years. And they tried to physically abuse us back in the Maya era. And they wouldn't give Stewie a homecoming game. And their color, of course). I did visit the Syracuse campus this summer with my son, checked out the Carrier Dome, etc. Respect (unlike Texas, OSU, TN), but not "like."

My daughter went to school at Clemson, plus my company at the time had a luxury box at Death Valley, so I saw many games there. OMG I don't want to tell you what she calls the Gamecocks. Anyway, I have a small soft spot for the C-L-E-M-(P)-S-O----Nnnn Tigers (a VERY small soft spot, since I had to put the Clemson logo as my Facebook cover photo for a month after losing a bet with my daughter on the OU-Clemson playoff game 3 years ago). I prefer to think of their colors as purple with orange trim.

Illinois - who cares?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The game will give Christyn, Megan, and Ono the important experience of playing ND. It would be worthwhile to give some blocks of minutes to Mikayla, and even Kyla.

Reaction Score
I believe UConn will win comfortably 88-80 after enjoying a double digit lead until the last two minutes when Geno “empties the bench” and Muffet doesn’t have the “you know what’s” to match him and leaves some regulars in.

Part of my optimism is fueled by Purdue’s 74-63 win over #21 ranked Miami tonight. Let’s see, how much did we beat Purdue by? Oh yeah, by 46 points! I know I’m using some fuzzy math, but everything is a little fuzzy at the beginning of the season, so why not focus on some really optimistic numbers?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom