Predict the score thread | The Boneyard

Predict the score thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was going to start one but then I thought it might be a BY tradition to not predict the game following a loss. I'm not good at predicting the scores (I even picked the wrong winner last game) but I enjoy reading the analysis others give to justify their predicti0n.

Reaction Score
I was going to start one but then I thought it might be a BY tradition to not predict the game following a loss. I'm not good at predicting the scores (I even picked the wrong winner last game) but I enjoy reading the analysis others give to justify their predicti0n.

Analysis is always interesting but predicting a score as many have done in the past seems somewhat cocky in many cases. Let's play UCONN defense , develop team chemistry, and the wins will come.

Reaction Score
A tradition is something done regularly over time.
How could any tradition develop around UConn losses?

Reaction Score
You are only predicting scores and not the winning team?
Obviously UConn wins. The last year they had back to back losses I think was 1992...................

Reaction Score
91 - 38 UCONN
How can I sign up for SNY.tv online to watch the games (Ft Lauderdale doesn't have SNY on comcast :-( If you can let me know I would appreciate it....thank you

Reaction Score
How can I sign up for SNY.tv online to watch the games (Ft Lauderdale doesn't have SNY on comcast :-( If you can let me know I would appreciate it....thank you
SNY games are steamed on ESPN3. Go to ESPN.com, then to Watch ESPN ("Watch" in the menu bar across the top). Click on ESPN3 and find the game. At some point it may ask you for your Comcast userid and pw.

Reaction Score
SNY games are steamed on ESPN3. Go to ESPN.com, then to Watch ESPN ("Watch" in the menu bar across the top). Click on ESPN3 and find the game. At some point it may ask you for your Comcast userid and pw.
Thank you....:)

Reaction Score
I expect Uconn to win big(especially with no Creighton starter over 6 feet) but after not even predicting the right team I think I'll pass on the score. Threads like this one often seem like an echo chamber combined with an element of hubris. I'll just watch SNY and hope for good defense and offense. The 50 point wins should then follow.

Reaction Score
Creighton is ranked #69 by Sagarin and #50 by Massey. They were 12-6 in the Big East last year and 20-14 overall. They don't have height but play fundamentally sound basketball (only 2 turnovers against Utah in their last game).
I don't see a 50-60 pt. blowout and will roll the dice with 84-48.

Reaction Score
UConn 84-53. I watched the (first half of the) Creighton-Wichita State game a little while back, two Blue Jays impressed me. They have a shooting guard that has almost unlimited range, you don't want to give her an open look up to 30 feet or she's likely to knock it down. You don't expect that because she's very skinny, but she has the strength to make incredibly long shots. She's hyperactive out there, you have to be willing to chase her around to deny her those 3-point shots. The other that got my attention was an undersized post with little to no hops, but powerfully strong. You don't want to let her camp out under the boards, or she can make a living at both ends of the court controlling the rebounds. You need to have a bigger player contesting her in the lane the whole time.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I was the most incorrect last week
Dare not try again.
These guys are not a bad team
And they are surely emboldened by watching last week.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
87-47 UConn. Here we judge the mood of the team. I will judge it by the defense and shooters willingness to shoot. I'm liking the odds on both.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
rford53 said:
Obviously UConn wins. The last year they had back to back losses I think was 1992....

seemed that way last week...until....(cue minor chord played on an old whiney and out of tune Wurlitzer organ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom