Precious Achiuwa | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From Bossi:

Five-star combo forward Precious Achiuwa has been electric during the spring, well at least in spurts. It was kind of the same deal on the first day of NBPA Camp. When he played with energy, his 6-foot-9 frame, athleticism and inside/out ability made him virtually impossible to stop. He's still an elite prospect, but some others have been more consistent and could pass him in the next set of rankings. If I had to bet on his recruitment, though, I would call it a race between UConn and St. John's at this point.

Reaction Score
From Bossi:

Five-star combo forward Precious Achiuwa has been electric during the spring, well at least in spurts. It was kind of the same deal on the first day of NBPA Camp. When he played with energy, his 6-foot-9 frame, athleticism and inside/out ability made him virtually impossible to stop. He's still an elite prospect, but some others have been more consistent and could pass him in the next set of rankings. If I had to bet on his recruitment, though, I would call it a race between UConn and St. John's at this point.

Definitely not a bad thing--could be the factor to keep the Kentuckys and Dukes away. I trust Hurley to teach mental toughness.

It is HARD to stay engaged in aau and the spring. 4+ games per weekend, even more at camps. Way more than high school seasons.

Especially when the camps are "showcases," and not truly competitive, it can be boring for kids.

Most kids are hyped to be around college coaches... maybe precious just isn't concerned because he already knows where he's heading ;)

C

Chief00

From Bossi:

Seems like we are battling St John’s on guys.

Reaction Score
Will the ties to St. John’s from his brother attract him to there or will it hurt them because his brother was a bust?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Will the ties to St. John’s from his brother attract him to there or will it hurt them because his brother was a bust?
His brother going to St. Johns helps us. He doesnt want to be connected to his brother.

C

Chief00

Last year Chief was kidding some guys that it really stinks in AAU ball when someone decides to play some defense and surprises/embarrasses an offensive player with a big block.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Dawes, Bouknight, Delaire, and Achiuwa. Would be a great class.

The next 2 year's recruiting classes are so important to the future of UConn basketball! If Hurley is able to sign a couple good classes, I feel that UConn is headed back to being the national power that is was from the early 90's up until a few years ago. However, if Hurley strikes out with the next couple classes, I feel that UConn is destined for mediocrity at best for the foreseeable future. It's really that important!

Reaction Score
Amazingly enough one of the biggest mistakes on D is giving up baseline yet our guys lived to to do that for the last couple of years, it is awful you are correct.

Not exactly true. Giving up baseline or middle is a philosophy thing with coaches. Tony Bennett will give you baseline all day. I'm a "no middle" coach by nature, but I can see the value in giving up baseline--less options and angles to make plays from.

If that happens in a game, I'm probably yelling at the big just as much as the guard for not rotating. But I'm probably benching the guard and giving the big another chance.

That was still awful D, don't get me wrong, that's expected from a top 100 showcase.

Reaction Score
He doesn't retweet or favorite anything about his recruitment that would allow us to figure out what he's thinking (imma creep). So as of now, for my sanity I refuse to get excited.

Reaction Score
He doesn't retweet or favorite anything about his recruitment that would allow us to figure out what he's thinking (imma creep). So as of now, for my sanity I refuse to get excited.
Just proves that he's a smart kid. How many times have we gotten "RTs" and "Likes" and nothing came from it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Very encouraged reading this recent news. We could use somebody who makes a splash and confirms that UConn is back to being UConn. Seems he can play too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom