Precious Achiuwa Visiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa Visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think that's just the way Hurley likes to recruit. Someone was telling me on Twitter that Hurley's modus operandi at URI was unofficials in the summer, officials first month of Fall semester, quick commitments and then an almost completed class by October.
But October is so far away :( lol

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Will @Dove Come out of retirement for this ;);)

Dove: "Hun, I gotta go to UCONN for a bit"

Mrs. Dove: Cool. Your bins, scope and antenna equipment are sill in the shed"

Dove: "Great!

Mrs. Dove: "So who you checking out?"

Dove: "Some dudes named Precious and Akok Akok."

Mrs. Dove: "Oh no #^@%#! way! Are you having an affair?"

Reaction Score
I think that's just the way Hurley likes to recruit. Someone was telling me on Twitter that Hurley's modus operandi at URI was unofficials in the summer, officials first month of Fall semester, quick commitments and then an almost completed class by October.

There was a line in the Borges piece on Tripp Doherty a couple months ago that seemed to indicate that's the strategy:

“We have a different recruiting pool now,” Doherty noted. “We’re able to recruit big-time guys and get Coach Hurley in front of as many guys, especially in April. We want him to be seen in UConn gear so he can evaluate guys, establish a base line of who we’re going after, then break that down in July and have a good plan of attack and be in a good place with these kids and their camp.”

UConn men’s basketball team has always been Tripp Doherty’s trip

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
tenor.gif

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Unofficial means the coach can shoot some hoops with the recruit. Official means you can't. Or something like that.

RATKO policy. Rules According To KO.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I imagine kids sometimes save officials for far away schools too. Going to visit UK is a plane ride; much more expensive. Local schools you can visit without much cost to yourself.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Don't expect commitment is imminent w/. this particular trip, but very good sign. Very much in driver's seat on this one.

Good to see the alter ego about....

new-beginnings-meditation-with-the-angels-of-light.jpg

Reaction Score
There was a line in the Borges piece on Tripp Doherty a couple months ago that seemed to indicate that's the strategy:

“We have a different recruiting pool now,” Doherty noted. “We’re able to recruit big-time guys and get Coach Hurley in front of as many guys, especially in April. We want him to be seen in UConn gear so he can evaluate guys, establish a base line of who we’re going after, then break that down in July and have a good plan of attack and be in a good place with these kids and their camp.”

UConn men’s basketball team has always been Tripp Doherty’s trip

A bit off topic, but it took Tripp Doherty about 5 minutes to make the UConn MBB twitter account start producing quality content regularly. There is so much good material out there and it's nice to see someone in the AD take advantage of it.

Reaction Score

What a breath of fresh air to have a coach who has a plan and knows what he's doing on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score

Another 'good standing' acknowledgement. Although, I will definitely be disappointed if Igiehon goes to St. John's

The way it’s looking is if Wiseman picks Memphis over UK, they will offer Igiehon.

Reaction Score

Another 'good standing' acknowledgement. Although, I will definitely be disappointed if Igiehon goes to St. John's

Yes but on the other hand if St John’s is truly our biggest thread for Cockburn then then landing Igiehon would likely deter Cockburn from St. John’s. Obviously a lot of other schools in play though

Reaction Score
New article about Precious today on 247, but it’s VIP.

Anyone have access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak