Precious Achiuwa keeping a low profile on recruitment until later this summer | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa keeping a low profile on recruitment until later this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
LOL!

It is nice to get non-hit jobs from Zags. How many times did he run Ollie leaving to NBA when a recruit was in the mix or deciding. He doesn't still include Zach Brown decommitted in his articles? I wonder when the statute of limitations ran out on that? Maybe when he turned into Jessica.

Reaction Score

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
From husky99, errrr, I mean Adam Zagoria.

New UConn coach Dan Hurley, who coached at St. Benedict’s for nine years and who recently visited Achiuwa at the Newark school, also watched Achiuwa play this past weekend. New UConn assistant Kimani Young is also the previous athletic director of New Heights.

Precious Achiuwa keeping a low profile on recruitment until later this summer | Zagsblog
Zags is good friends with Hurley. Should see a lot of good information on Uconn moving forward.

Reaction Score
Achiuwa or Delaire? I don't see how we get both. I see that we have good connections with both, but how it will shake out I am curious to see. It's a win win situation though for us and that's a blessing. I am somewhat confident that we successfully recruit one of these guys.

Reaction Score
Achiuwa or Delaire? I don't see how we get both. I see that we have good connections with both, but how it will shake out I am curious to see. It's a win win situation though for us and that's a blessing. I am somewhat confident that we successfully recruit one of these guys.
Achiuwa considers himself as a gaurd and will likely play the Kris Middleton big gaurd role in the pros. We could easily play him and Delaire at the same time with their overlapping and complimenting skills. Im not saying we will get both, but don’t count it out if we get one that we can’t also get the other.

Reaction Score
Achiuwa considers himself as a gaurd and will likely play the Kris Middleton big gaurd role in the pros. We could easily play him and Delaire at the same time with their overlapping and complimenting skills. Im not saying we will get both, but don’t count it out if we get one that we can’t also get the other.

Delaire believes he's a guard too. We have room for both imo. Would be a great interchangeable stretch 3-4 combo

Reaction Score

Have to consider that we already have both Tyler Polley and Sid Wilson. It's maybe a little crowded.

I actually have not ruled it out landing both players, and I am sure these guys could play together, but I am trying to temper my leaps of faith. Both of these elite players plus a serious 4/5 and another 1/2 guard alongside most of our current roster another year from now, makes us serious contenders. It's almost too much to hope for, but I do see that it is possible. Anyway you slice it, I do believe we will have a terrific class for 2019.

This coaching staff is on point.

Reaction Score
Have to consider that we already have both Tyler Polley and Sid Wilson. It's maybe a little crowded.

I actually have not ruled it out landing both players, and I am sure these guys could play together, but I am trying to temper my leaps of faith. Both of these elite players plus a serious 4/5 and another 1/2 guard alongside most of our current roster another year from now, makes us serious contenders. It's almost too much to hope for, but I do see that it is possible. Anyway you slice it, I do believe we will have a terrific class for 2019.

Neither of these guys is going to worry about losing minutes to Tyler Polley.

Reaction Score
Neither of these guys is going to worry about losing minutes to Tyler Polley.

I hear what you're saying and I agree, but I do think Tyler is going to be much improved this year. Last year he did not show much, very tentative, until the last few games where his shooting heated up, he was beginning to dribble drive and draw fouls. This year I'm looking for him to play much stronger with improved S+C and physical maturity, and I think his game will open up for him. Better rebounding, dribble drives, stop+pops midrange, and a nice percentage from 3. Also think he will prove to have good passing skills. Terrific 4 year player I am hoping.

Reaction Score
I hear what you're saying and I agree, but I do think Tyler is going to be much improved this year. Last year he did not show much, very tentative, until the last few games where his shooting heated up, he was beginning to dribble drive and draw fouls. This year I'm looking for him to play much stronger with improved S+C and physical maturity, and I think his game will open up for him. Better rebounding, dribble drives, stop+pops midrange, and a nice percentage from 3. Also think he will prove to have good passing skills. Terrific 4 year player I am hoping.

I hope he is much improved. But given what he was thought of as a recruit and how he performed this year, no recruit at a top level is going to be worried about him. Whether or not they should be.

Reaction Score
I hope he is much improved. But given what he was thought of as a recruit and how he performed this year, no recruit at a top level is going to be worried about him. Whether or not they should be.
That's a good take.

Reaction Score
If either one of these guys thinks about Tyler Polley for a half a second when considering UConn that's a very good sign for UConn basketball

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If either one of these guys thinks about Tyler Polley for a half a second when considering UConn that's a very good sign for UConn basketball
Polley will be much improved next year but these kids will have made up their mind before the season really gets going.

Reaction Score
Polley will be much improved next year but these kids will have made up their mind before the season really gets going.
Yeah I like Polley a lot and think he'll be a nice surprise (?) this year. But if he's making Delaire reconsider coming here he's taken bigger strides than anyone can reasonably expect

Reaction Score
I like Polley but he needs to tighten up his handle and face the basket more often when receiving passes. He's ready to throw it back more often than face and look to take his guy but again, he wasn't given a long enough rope from what I saw last year. I do think he will be a nice player for UConn, the 3 pt shooting was very nice, just not sure the overall game and confidence will be this coming year. I hope so though.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Zags is good friends with Hurley. Should see a lot of good information on Uconn moving forward.
Zags thinks he is good friends with every coach

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Praise God you feel that way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member