Pre Season Top 10 | The Boneyard

Pre Season Top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I find little to argue with about that, but given that Kansas returns all their 5 starters, and is essentially the same starting team who ran Delaware off the court, i'd put them at 10 ahead of Delaware. other than that, tho, a solid list that coincides with what a lot of us on the BY were probably thinking. when was the last time Tennessee started the year outside the top 10? i'm not sure they will be down at 18 like one of the intrepid BY'ers thought, but i'd say 14 or so...

Reaction Score
This can't be right as it excludes any teams that wear Orange, burnt or otherwise. I guess after four years of not making a FF that the media folks are finally catching on that a certain team is on the decline and will no longer be granted an automatic spot in the Top 10...I guess it will actually have to be earned going forward. The LV's will soon be the ND football of college basketball.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I find little to argue with about that, but given that Kansas returns all their 5 starters, and is essentially the same starting team who ran Delaware off the court, i'd put them at 10 ahead of Delaware. other than that, tho, a solid list that coincides with what a lot of us on the BY were probably thinking. when was the last time Tennessee started the year outside the top 10? i'm not sure they will be down at 18 like one of the intrepid BY'ers thought, but i'd say 14 or so...

To be fair, Kansas also overachieved a great deal in the postseason while having a realtively ho-hum regular season. Does two games in the postseason change an entire regular season? Perhaps, perhaps not. I would have the Jayhawks outside of the top ten, but not much outside.

Reaction Score
Whether Kansas belongs in the top 10 is debatable, but I agree that
they showed that Delaware doesn't belong there.

Delaware will be a solid top 25 team and a lock for the Colonial
title, but they don't have enough talent surrounding EDD to compete
with the top teams.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
So who should be in the place of Delaware?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Louisville needs to prove it before they can be ranked a top five team. Almost winning a game doesn't do it for me.

Agreed on Delaware. I think they'd have an interesting combination of good wins and bad losses if they played in a power conference.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Louisville needs to prove it before they can be ranked a top five team. Almost winning a game doesn't do it for me.

How are you supposed to prove its position in a "preseason" poll, other than by this year's results and a consideration of who returns?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
How are you supposed to prove its position in a "preseason" poll, other than by this year's results and a consideration of who returns?
Last year's results were nowhere in the vicinity of a top 5 team.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

Agreed on Delaware. I think they'd have an interesting combination of good wins and bad losses if they played in a power conference.
And Maryland may be too high as well. I think they lose Kizer and while I thought she was a poor defender, she was a big body and I don't expect Malina Howard to replace her up front. I think the Terps were exposed in the NCAA's.... take Thomas out of the game, with double teams if necessary and they become much less dangerous.

Reaction Score
In the 2012-2013 season it is Baylor, UCONN, ....and everyone else! I think Duke proves to be a very good team and very dangerous.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Last year's results were nowhere in the vicinity of a top 5 team.

And most other top ten programs lost significant players to graduation, which is part of the reason why Louisville is moving up (plus the return of their players from injuries).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I too think Louisville is too high. Good, but more like 8-14.

I think 10-15 may be right for UDel. They have another full year together and will all improve, Elena included.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think Louisville is too high.... I would put Kentucky 4th.. Stanford 5th.. Maryland 6th... 7th Penn State 8th Louisville 9 NDame and 10 would either be WVU or Cal. Vandy, UGA, Rutgers, Delaware would round out my top 15. Though not necessarily in that order

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In the 2012-2013 season it is Baylor, UCONN, ....and everyone else! I think Duke proves to be a very good team and very dangerous.
i'm with Kevin on this. after UCONN, Baylor, and Duke, it's a crapshoot to pick who comes next. L'ville lost Reid and Gibbs, 2 former starters, right out the gate. they get both back and have some talented sophomores and juniors to boot. i have no problem with them, Maryland, PSU, Kentucky, or Stanford in the next group. frankly i'm not sure who you'd replace them with. so many other programs lost a ton to graduation (Miami and Tennessee for example)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I agree about KU. They should be a very good team next year.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
To be fair, Kansas also overachieved a great deal in the postseason while having a realtively ho-hum regular season. Does two games in the postseason change an entire regular season? Perhaps, perhaps not. I would have the Jayhawks outside of the top ten, but not much outside.

Kansas lost Carolyn, Davis, their top scorer and rebounder, deep into the season and it took them a while to adjust to playing without her.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Kansas lost Carolyn, Davis, their top scorer and rebounder, deep into the season and it took them a while to adjust to playing without her.

They were a middle of the pack team in the Big 12 before Davis' injury.

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice the we play seven of the ten on this list next year (and ND multiple times...). SOS will not be lacking.

Reaction Score
Actually that's seven of nine, since we can't play ourselves obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom