Pre-season Message to Natalie B | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pre-season Message to Natalie B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
according to reports she has been in the gym working with CD...
Just wait until you see her. She was at my table at a dinner the other night. She looks FAB. She has clearly lost weight, toned up, she was smiling constantly, her eyes were bright, she was dressed to the 9s and she was very positive in both her speech and demeanor...she looked every bit of an athlete who is looking forward to the season.

Reaction Score
Nobody I know is pulling for Saniya and Natalie more than I am. They are my kind of athletes. Each has had unexpected hurdles to rise above, and both can be very strong contributors before the smoke clears. Both have shown a glimpse of what they can be, but from here on it's a matter of developing confidence and consistency. Unfortunately, the fan base cannot help them much at all, no matter how much we'd like to.

No negative, no insult, no argument---Along with you, me, Geno, Chris, Lou, the team and the boneyard--i dare say 100,000 or more uconn fans are in Butlers corner and wishing (hoping) her great success this year. Obviously, some of her BE success shall translate to the OOC play--let Kyla take the AAC play for a few games--
To paraphrase an old adages---as Butler, Katie LOU, Collier go--so goes Uconn...

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Her best game was against LSU--and Fowles. Their coach said there is one reason uconn won--Mclaren... Big credit for a big Girl...
BroadwayVa, what year was this game played? I want to watch it on the Uconn game replays.

Reaction Score
BroadwayVa, what year was this game played? I want to watch it on the Uconn game replays.
\
One of the Stats/data guys may help you---I recite from memory--not a collection of written info. Carnac, Eric, David, Bill (both of Naples) most likely have the date in their memory data bank..

Reaction Score
Just some thoughts and comments on Natalie. She can shoot, score rebound and makes her foul shots. Lets not compare her to Stewie or Tuck or anybody else. Shes Natalie Butler and she will be fine. Remember all the comments about Steph Dolsen? Remember when Tina couldnt make foul shots. Well imo Natalie is better right now then theur was her freshman and soph seasons. The coaching staff brought Steph and Tina around and they will bring Natalie around. Dont worry about it. Shes 6'5 and we need her height against most teams. The only questions I would worry about is she healthy. As far as her contribution to the team and a starter. If shes developed like the coaching staff wants her to be developed and she works hard she will start if not then she wont. Plain and simple. She either starts or she doesnt start. I think she starts and will be a threat.

Is this a joke? Charles as a sophomore averaged 14.2ppg and 9.2rpg! She was All Big East 1st team and a 3rd team All American. Dolson as a sophomore averaged 10.2ppg, 6rpg, and had 57 blocks. She was honorable mention All Big East and on virtually every player of the year watch list.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
\
One of the Stats/data guys may help you---I recite from memory--not a collection of written info. Carnac, Eric, David, Bill (both of Naples) most likely have the date in their memory data bank..
I believe I found it.. It was in the NCAA Tournament when Griner was a freshman and Maya was a junior. Thank you for responding.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It wasn't until years later, when McLaren was dominating on her Greek team, that it came out she played her last two years at UConn with very serious feet and ankle problems. Why did we not know this? Most likely because she would not release any medical info, which is private. So I would not say she under achieved. I think she did as well as she could given the circumstances. Sometimes we don't have the facts, jack. Sometimes we just judge on what we see at the time...(present company included).

I think an argument can be made that McLaren is the best passer that's played at UCONN, at least since the days of Sue Bird. What hands - what creativity - what touch !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom