Pray for Rudy | The Boneyard

Pray for Rudy

Reaction Score
Horrible timing for him with him being able to opt out this summer. I hope he still opts out and lands something like Wesley Matthews did. Want to see him have a shot somewhere and not end up on a team with nothing to play for. Does this trigger a DMC trade? Hmm...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Prayers out to you Rudy.

What is it with this year and UConn? Good grief.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Prayers and best of luck to Rudy. As bad as this is, I have to say I'm immensely relieved. When I first saw this thread title, I was worried something far worse may have happened to him.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I hope he still opts out and lands something like Wesley Matthews did. ...

I have to think there is about 0% chance he opts out now. Isn't he owed something like $15MM next year if he opts-in? He would be lucky to get $15 over 3 years coming off of the Achilles injury.

This is horrible timing for sure. The only way it would be worse for him is if he didn't have an opt-in option for next year. At least now he can opt in for $15MM next year and use the year to get healthy and hopefully prove to the rest of the NBA that he is over the injury and is deserving of a huge deal.

Sucks for Rudy!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Get well Rudy!!

This may be an unpopular opinion, but prayers? He's sustained a treatable (although severe) orthopedic injury and will get world class treatment. He's also made 105 million dollars in his career. He will be alright.
I charge 105 million dollars for each of my prayers. I sent him a bill.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He was having a great season. A torn Achilles is the worst possible injury for a basketball player. Sadly, this may be the end of the road. That sucks.

Brownie

"Sword of God"
Reaction Score
Prayers and well wishes to Rudy. I sustained the same exact injury playing basketball a couple years ago and I'm still not back to where I once was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom