Practice facility tours???? | The Boneyard

Practice facility tours????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
If anybody hears of tours being conducted, it would be great if you posted that info here.
I would love to see it from the inside. Suggestion: if at all possible the tours should be conducted by 2 of our players....one from the women's team....one from the men's....that would generate far more sizzle than an adminstrator....sorry Warde and Prez Sue.

The facility looks fantastic from the outside and the descriptions of the inside seem to match that.
Interesting: the JI reported a few days ago that both the courts have been set up to imitate as much as possible the Gampel court. I assume that means sightlines....colors on the courts etc. Makes sense.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Interesting: the JI reported a few days ago that both the courts have been set up to imitate as much as possible the Gampel court. I assume that means sightlines....colors on the courts etc. Makes sense.

These are renderings of the practice court setup. Note other renderings, a layout of the center and virtual tours are available on the Champions Center site

pc-high-1a-jpg.jpg

PC-HIGH-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From the second photo, it appears as if the second floor walkway (to the left in the pic) is away from the full court area. Anybody know why this is? I'm just thinking if a coach wanted to observe from a birds-eye view, having the walkway on the other side would be closer. Of course I know absolutely zero* what goes on at practice and will probably be put on Double Secret Boneyard Probation once the guffawing in Storrs dies down. If you see a new poster named Bozo in the next couple of weeks, it'll just be me fulfilling the conditions of having my posting privileges reinstated.

* Actually, I probably have some erroneous assumptions about what goes on in practice and therefore know less than zero.

HGN

Reaction Score
Thanks sawxfan......That was good and up to date info on the status from the school quarterly report.

Reaction Score
thank you Sir
Ya learn something new every day.

I'm referring to the photo labeled "Glass reinforced concrete plank installation -- complete." Glass reinforced concrete? In all the super-massive construction shows on aircraft carriers or that island in the Persian Sea with the super tall luxury hotel on it, or the Chunnel I've seen, I can't ever remember a mention of something so oxymoronic sounding as glass reinforced concrete. Ditto for the all the "Holmes on Homes" and "Love It or List It" or Vanilla Ice, Daryl Hall, et. al. renovation shows (I do admit I bailed on "Extreme Makeover Home Edition," that latter day reincarnation of "Queen for a Day" when they started building versions of Mar-A-Lago and Winsor Castle in an afternoon). Concrete reinforced with glass must have been some kind of practical joke by a student intern with a freshly filled medicinal marijuana Rx. Or a typo...except what could someone mistype that ended up as "glass reinforced concrete"?

I can (easily) remember a time when I would have been perplexed in perpetuity. (I remembered "Queen for a Day" didn't I?) Not anymore. Google to the rescue. Turns out the concrete is reinforced not with a couple of window panes from the local hardware store, but with glass fiber. Oh. You know they could have called it "fiberglass reinforced concrete" in the first place and spared Google some unnecessary wear-and-tear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99