Practice 13 on Dez Blog | The Boneyard

Practice 13 on Dez Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to say that unless he made HUGE strides, the fact that Johnny Mac is still in the competiton is troubling...I like the kid and give him credit for being a tough customer, but he will never be confused with Tom Brady, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
I have to say that unless he made HUGE strides, the fact that Johnny Mac is still in the competiton is troubling...I like the kid and give him credit for being a tough customer, but he will never be confused with Tom Brady, that's for sure.

He threw for 2k, yards which for us is a rarity, so the kid has some ability as a passer. I don't expect him to win out at the end but he is by far the most well versed in the offense, so that in itself will keep him in the competition.

Reaction Score

I'm not as down on him as others are. Given another year of experience, maybe he can make up some of the issues he really had last year, which was dealing with pocket pressure and keeping a cool head during the game. Plus, did you see how many wide-open WR's dropped balls last year? This sort of stuff comes with experience, which is why you see so few true freshmen QB's in college.

Of course, I'd love someone else to emerge as a great option, but if Johnny Mac is that guy, I'll be rooting for him.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ok smallwood and Joseph are batting balls down like they are playing wack a mole at a carnival, have they gotten better or?...

I feel the same way about.all these WR "streaking for the endzone" coupled with a lot of interceptions. Could be doubly good or doubly bad.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Deleone said the offensive line was a “grave concern” but did like the thought about building depth.

i wish Silver had the whole quote containing those words from deleone. i have a feeling he was asked about the oline injuries and said they're a concern but he's happy about building depth or something like that. otherwise the comment seems out of place and doesnt really follow what we've heard so far this practice.

Reaction Score
Not knowing exactly what Deleone said, it's hard to interpet. However, Silver ony shows up sporadically and I have found his commentary to be lacking substance from his past blogs. Some BYers know more than he does and that's amazing since Silver is at practice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not as down on him as others are. Given another year of experience, maybe he can make up some of the issues he really had last year, which was dealing with pocket pressure and keeping a cool head during the game. Plus, did you see how many wide-open WR's dropped balls last year? This sort of stuff comes with experience, which is why you see so few true freshmen QB's in college.

Of course, I'd love someone else to emerge as a great option, but if Johnny Mac is that guy, I'll be rooting for him.

Agree but the thought of it scares the crap out of me.

Reaction Score
"Some BYers know more than he does and that's amazing since Silver is at practice."

You have a typo, it should read

"Some BYers think they know more than he does and that's amazing since Silver is at practice."

If you disagree, just ask them.

Reaction Score
I thought Johnny threw a pretty good ball, but pocket presence and mobility were suspect. He did as well as any 1st year QB.

What if Johnny had 4.5 or 4.6 speed like CW or MN. A different story.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If Johnny had 4.5 speed he wouldn't be walking on 3k miles from home.

Reaction Score
So, you want your Head Coach to say that your QB from last year is now the #5 guy?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So, you want your Head Coach to say that your QB from last year is now the #5 guy?

While that is almost impossible since there are redshirts to be granted depending on who wins... That would be quite excellent if it happened. It would mean the position would be in the best position it has been since DO walked off the field in Detroit.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I may want to duck after saying this, but from my seat, of all the QB's who played last year JM had the most fixable shortcomings, namely pocket presence and reading defenses. The Cincy game being prime example, numero uno.

SM was just far to inaccurate for my liking and the lack of practice couldn't be helping that. Based on media reporting, sounds like CC should redshirt unless he blows up over the summer. MN would also need to show up big in the Fall to have a shot at starting.

That leaves CW as the real contender. Reports have him showing well, but mistake prone. Does this hold him back? Is his ceiling Lorenzenish? I suspect has the inside track, but it's far from a lock which I find slightly disappointing.

So, there is a better than fair chance we see a slightly improved JM under center this season. Is that good enough?

Btw, I'd take TL right now for this season.

Reaction Score
I may want to duck after saying this, but from my seat, of all the QB's who played last year JM had the most fixable shortcomings, namely pocket presence and reading defenses. The Cincy game being prime example, numero uno.

SM was just far to inaccurate for my liking and the lack of practice couldn't be helping that. Based on media reporting, sounds like CC should redshirt unless he blows up over the summer. MN would also need to show up big in the Fall to have a shot at starting.

That leaves CW as the real contender. Reports have him showing well, but mistake prone. Does this hold him back? Is his ceiling Lorenzenish? I suspect has the inside track, but it's far from a lock which I find slightly disappointing.

So, there is a better than fair chance we see a slightly improved JM under center this season. Is that good enough?

Btw, I'd take TL right now for this season.

Ah, the good old days of TL in '08. When we had posters in the middle of the year saying we would have won more games if we just had a better QB at a time when our only losses came after TL broke his foot and before he came back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom