Power Outage am I alone? | The Boneyard

Power Outage am I alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Still without power here in fairfield county........at library surfing.

Anyone else still without power from the storm?

This sucks big time, but at least there is no heat wave (no a/c).

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Still out in Milford ... they finally cleared the two massive trees in our area late yesterday and I saw some NJ utility company working in the area this morning.

Shelton mayor criticized UIs response time and communication thus far ... they say they're working around the clock but it took them 3 days to even start on the two major incidents in my neighborhood.

Reaction Score
We were out of power for 60 hours in glastonbury from Sunday AM to Tuesday PM. More than half the people in glastonbury are still without power.

Reaction Score
We are still out in the North part of Fairfield. Hearing whispers that we'll be lucky if we're back on line by the weekend. About 30% of Fairfield remains out at the moment.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Still out in Woodbridge

Reaction Score
My in laws in madison have been without power since early sunday. They dont anticipate anything until Saturday at the earliest.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
We were out of power for 60 hours in glastonbury from Sunday AM to Tuesday PM. More than half the people in glastonbury are still without power.

Still without power in Glastonbury....some work started yesterday in my area, but not back online. So, no power, no water, no nothing. Lots of trees or parts of trees on wires. Those wires are stronger than I would have thought. I'm getting behind in my Boneyard perusing among other things.

Reaction Score
Still without power here in fairfield county........at library surfing.

Anyone else still without power from the storm?

This sucks big time, but at least there is no heat wave (no a/c).
You have about 300,000 who are in the same boat as you, myself included. My husband and I gave up the fight last night ans went to a hotel. In my town they are getting folks back 100 at a time. At this rate I'll be dead before I can turn on the lights again.

The good news, my husband says that there a a bunch of trucks staging at Waterford Sppedbowl and he saw a convoy from Michicgan on Route 1 in Groton. I am hopeful.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear it guys! Nothing like the loss of power for a few days to know how much we depend on electricity. Lived in Cheshire when Gloria hit. Six days without power! Fist two days we partied. Last four days we had to make sure we didn't kill one another.

The power crews are working as fast as possible. The damage was widespread. Still doesn't help if your the one without power. Two more storms lurking. Hope none hits the US. That would spread crews thinner.

Reaction Score
Still out in Sherman, CT. No cable internet either. Yet to see a utility truck. Just did get a generator after the last 72 hour outage in June which helps greatly.

Reaction Score
My in laws in madison have been without power since early sunday. They dont anticipate anything until Saturday at the earliest.
I was very discouraged that CL&P isn't even giving us an estimate. All we can get from them are numbers of people still out. Colchester schools have announced that they are opening on Tuesday, so that's gotta mean something right? Gulp!

Reaction Score
This is when you wished the mayor was your neighbor. I am reading a huge Follett book (Fall of Giants) by flashlight. I bet I finish the book before power is restored.

What are you guys eating without a stove, fridge or even toaster? I'm eating out 2xs a day.

I'm still flicking on light switches so I don't even know what's on or off. :confused:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I got an estimate from CL&P today. I wish I hadn't. "Possibly by the end of the weekend?" WTF? My power went out at about 8:30 Sunday morning. (Monroe, near Stevenson Dam) My phones went out 24 hours or so later. The power at the cell tower that serves e at home went out some time in between. I have to either go to the office (Meriden) where the power never hiccuped, or to my daughter's house (Oxford, where it's all out, but they have a generator and their net connection is good) to communicate at all.

We've already had to toss all the food from the refrigerator and freezer, so there's really no reason to stay there until the power is restored. Only thing keeping me home is my cheap-ass refusal to stay at a motel somewhere.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Population should get a decent bump next May/June in CT.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I got an estimate from CL&P today. I wish I hadn't. "Possibly by the end of the weekend?" WTF? My power went out at about 8:30 Sunday morning. (Monroe, near Stevenson Dam) My phones went out 24 hours or so later. The power at the cell tower that serves e at home went out some time in between. I have to either go to the office (Meriden) where the power never hiccuped, or to my daughter's house (Oxford, where it's all out, but they have a generator and their net connection is good) to communicate at all.

We've already had to toss all the food from the refrigerator and freezer, so there's really no reason to stay there until the power is restored. Only thing keeping me home is my cheap-ass refusal to stay at a motel somewhere.
Hopefully you got a worse case estimate. Good luck.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately my job just had its power restored in the middle of today, I was looking forward to having one more work from home day then a 4 day weekend.

Reaction Score
Still out in Redding (as is about 70% of Redding, Weston, & Ridgefield). As I drove through my subdivision going home last night, lights were on, and I was getting encouraged. Then I got to my cul de sac. Darkness. So we continue to live on our generator.

Reaction Score
We (NNJ) were out 12 hours on Sun. But those down near the rivers are screwed. Water everywhere, no power, etc. This is bad. BO is coming Sunday for a political trip, I guess. Perhaps he can evaporate some water.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
We (NNJ) were out 12 hours on Sun. But those down near the rivers are screwed. Water everywhere, no power, etc. This is bad. BO is coming Sunday for a political trip, I guess. Perhaps he can evaporate some water.
I think the Gov. Rick Perry is more likely to get that done.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Still without power in Glastonbury....some work started yesterday in my area, but not back online. So, no power, no water, no nothing. Lots of trees or parts of trees on wires. Those wires are stronger than I would have thought. I'm getting behind in my Boneyard perusing among other things.

Hooo haaaa!!!! The power is back, the water is back, and yes, the toilets are back flushing. Life is good! Spoke to a repair guy just before the power came back on and he was here from California. It was nice to know the power was about to come on as I walked my dog back toward the house. The street light slowly started glowing......ahhhhh, what a sight!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

RichZ, in Meriden my street did 52 hours without juice.

Reaction Score
Mansfield Center still out, also Scotland. Scotland could be out another week!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Kansas City Power and Light District to the rescue!!! Took less than a day from finally cutting the three trees off the lines in my area to fully restored power once they put their efforts into it. Hopefully the rest of you get it back soon ... after the second day it's just painful with no power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom