Postgame: Too much[merged thread] | The Boneyard

Postgame: Too much[merged thread]

Reaction Score
Too much size. Too much Cox (the difference maker imho.) Too much everything.
(And the size problem only gets worse next year.)

We were manhandled for much of the game but got some gritty play to stay in it.

Baylor is a bad matchup for this team. Hope to not have to face them again.

First non-OT loss since? 2013?

Reaction Score
On to Houston. No more tall teams in sight. A new streak begins. Life goes on, but I’m really really sad.

Reaction Score
Too much size. Too much Cox (the difference maker imho.) Too much everything.
(And the size problem only gets worse next year.)

We were manhandled for much of the game but got some gritty play to stay in it.

Baylor is a bad matchup for this team. Hope to not have to face them again.

First non-OT loss since? 2013?
Even our coaches are short.

Reaction Score
The bench got minutes, as folks have been clamoring.

ONO was way too thin to be in this game. Camara provided some physicality which was fine, but showed she was overmatched with those 3 fouls in a few minutes. And I dont know that Coombs did much.
They provided some rest and mental breaks for players who needed it like CW, but they're not up to it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Too many missed shots. That was just a terrible shooting performance.

Smith should play more for Baylor. I think Cox did plenty of things to contribute to the win, but hitting shots wasn't one of them. Other than Brown and Smith, Baylor wasn't hitting much either.

edited--Brown finally looked like the player she was last year

Reaction Score
For those who think Geno has been too rough on Walker, well, tonight was the game -- Baylor put it in her hands and she didn't excel. She wasnt terrible -- I was pleased with some of the things she did -- but she wasnt clutch either.
I don't think she was very good tonight. But the lack of depth, lack of a big down low, has reared its ugly head tonight. If you look at the way things have gone this season, they were in dog fights against ND (expected), St John's, and Oklahoma. Not the juggernaut UConn fans are used to having.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I believe so, yes.

But when was the last time UConn lost by double digits?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Good victory by a talented Baylor team. UConn never got in sync on offense, never played with pace in the offensive end, missing easy shots early that would have moved Baylor's bigs off the lane. Baylor's length was an issue all night at every position. CD shot fadeaways on some 3's for cryin' out loud. Baylor learned from their loss to Stanford, now let's see if this team can learn from their loss tonight. Also Mulkey didn't make any real bad on court decisions tonight, where Geno caused a TO by confusing his team at a crucial time by attempting to call a play. From what I can see, UConn was beaten on defense, on offense and in transition, all three phases. I said in an earlier post, can losing to Baylor be a good thing? Well, we'll see.

Reaction Score
I said it when talking about this game in the last few days leading up to it: if UConn shot the ball poorly like when they played Oklahoma, they’d lose. Guess what happened. I will admit that I thought it would be the 3 ball that would hurt UConn, but it ended up being the tough pull-up jumpers and I’ll advised early shots that put UConn away.

Reaction Score
Defense wasn't terrible. when you shoot 29% from the floor you won't beat hardly anyone.
I’d say it wasn’t so much the defense as it was the rebounding. A lot of missed ended up in the hands of Baylor on both ends of the floor and Baylor had a good amount of second chance points.

Reaction Score
I believe so, yes.

But when was the last time UConn lost by double digits?

March 4, 2013 - 7:00 PMat Notre Dame L 86–97
Also the last regular season non-OT loss

Last overall non-OT loss was a week later in the BET title

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was very interesting as much of the BY was VERY confident about a win here, stating that Cox and Brown had no shot to keep up and UConn would literally run them off the floor.

Reaction Score
My question now is what happens to the lineup and bench? Does anyone get shuffled around or is it more of “we’re focused and different” after this

Reaction Score
Kind of like the Mississippi State game where UConn’s offense was just totally out of sync, much in part to the other team’s defense.

Reaction Score
Baylor: 19 asst, 5 TO
UConn: 11 asst, 9 TO

I think both OK and Cal out-assist Uconn and have less TO as well. I have said this before, this Uconn team is not a very good passing team so a lot of shots are more difficult shots. I think Lou is the only good passer in this team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The ways I thought we would lose did not happen but we still got our butts whipped

1) Never had any foul trouble
2) Shot well from 3pt

Never thought we would be so intimidated in the interior that we could not get our share of easy baskets. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom