Postgame Interview Link | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Postgame Interview Link

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Not sure if everyone who listened to Coach Bozzella heard his very last comments of the session about Lauren Park-Lane. Basically he was asked if the "next level" has contacted him about her. His response was he has talked about what Lauren needs to do to improve and he needs to surround her with players who can maximize her skills. He also noted that Lauren has another year option to stay and that he and her will discuss what is best. So there is a chance she could be coming back for another year in Orange, NJ....:eek:

Reaction Score
This works for me ... starts at the 34 minute mark:

Gosh, I now have a lot of respect for Coach B!
He was truly disappointed in a majority of his players!
He loves them but they disappointed him!
That's the hell part of coaching!
You work your butt off to prepare them and all that work goes out the window the first 5 minutes of the game!
And now it's happened twice in a row!
He's lost, What does he do now?
You can't teach aggression or desire that has to come from within!
That's why UCONN WBB is so great through all these years!

Reaction Score
Gosh, I now have a lot of respect for Coach B!
He was truly disappointed in a majority of his players!
He loves them but they disappointed him!
That's the hell part of coaching!
You work your butt off to prepare them and all that work goes out the window the first 5 minutes of the game!
And now it's happened twice in a row!
He's lost, What does he do now?
You can't teach aggression or desire that has to come from within!
That's why UCONN WBB is so great through all these years!
I respect the Seton Hall HC. He has passion, He knows the game. and he is
a loyal Pirate! They made it to the finals of the WNIT. They can put it together.
He was very correct in pointing to GEORGETOWN (WBB). The Hoyas are on their
way UP. I've been to South Orange NJ many times. Family are alumni and alumnae.
Go Pirates. !!

Reaction Score
I respect the Seton Hall HC. He has passion, He knows the game. and he is
a loyal Pirate! They made it to the finals of the WNIT. They can put it together.
He was very correct in pointing to GEORGETOWN (WBB). The Hoyas are on their
way UP. I've been to South Orange NJ many times. Family are alumni and alumnae.
Go Pirates. !!
Came away from listening to Coach Bonzella with mixed impressions. On one hand, it was refreshing to hear unfiltered feedback. On the other, he kept referring to the team's performance as "they did this, they didn't do that." One point that he mentioned several times was "they just needed to figure it out." Never spoke about the role of the coach in preparing for the game or adjusting to in game conditions. While I agreed that the Seton Hall effort was poor, if I was a player whose coach just kept telling us to "just figure it out" as we were getting pounded, I wouldn't come away with positive thoughts.

Reaction Score
Bozella's remarks have a lot of pathos in them. He's "angry" at his team, but when asked about individual players he only has praise for them. That's a coach -- he's trying to motivate without shaming anyone. He seems to be genuinely angry at admins, however, as if anticipating that they'll complain about going to the NIT. I was particularly struck by his remarks about Park-Lane. He says he's got no problem whatsoever with the way she plays... and I can see why. She's all effort all the time, an excellent example for every other player.

I guess this is the paradoxical mix of emotions teams get when they play us -- intense frustration and admiration. I can still remember how gracious Lauren van Kleunen always was in postgame interviews. As difficult as it was to play against Liv, she had nothing but compliments. Bozella has nothing but praise for Geno and what he's built.
IMO Coach Mazilli is hoping to light a motivational fire under his players.... like that showed by
Georgetown WBB.. Georgetown loses to UCONN and comes back with TRUE GRIT to beat
DePaul. Go HOYAS! GOOD LUCK to the Pirates!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom