Post season play? Yes! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post season play? Yes!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Surely there's no way we would turn down an NIT invite if one were extended to us?
I doubt they would turn it down if it came, but I don't think an invite is coming.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
On the UCONNHUSKIES website in the post game write up of the Cincy game, it mentions that "they will have plenty of time to heal for next season." I assume that means no CBI/CIT.

The CIT is for mid-majors. The AAC can't be a league they invite teams from.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
The CIT is for mid-majors. The AAC can't be a league they invite teams from.
Looking through last year's list, it doesn't look like any American teams played in either last year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Looking through last year's list, it doesn't look like any American teams played in either last year.

Here are your conferences eligible for the CIT:

America East, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Horizon, Independents, Ivy, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American, Mid-Eastern, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Southland, Southwestern, Summit, Sun Belt, West Coast, Western Athletic.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Here are your conferences eligible for the CIT:

America East, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Horizon, Independents, Ivy, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American, Mid-Eastern, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Southland, Southwestern, Summit, Sun Belt, West Coast, Western Athletic.
I know, but the CBI only adds the MW, C-USA and maybe the A-10 to their list. The P5, BE, and American schools won't go near that.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I know, but the CBI only adds the MW, C-USA and maybe the A-10 to their list. The P5, BE, and American schools won't go near that.
Pittsburgh won the CBI over Washington State a few years ago. I also believe Texas played in it a few years ago and lost a game to Houston.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Ok..

Other than...

Oregon State has won it.

Oregon has won it.

Pitt beat Washington State in the finals.

Stanford has gone.

Virginia has gone.

Penn State has gone.

Texas A&M has gone.

Texas has gone.

Purdue has gone.

St John's has gone.

Washington has gone.

Cincinnati went while still in the Big East as mentioned earlier.

UCF has gone, Tulsa has gone twice, Houston has gone three times.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Ok..

Other than...

Oregon State has won it.

Oregon has won it.

Pitt beat Washington State in the finals.

Stanford has gone.

Virginia has gone.

Penn State has gone.

Texas A&M has gone.

Texas has gone.

Purdue has gone.

St John's has gone.

Washington has gone.

Cincinnati went while still in the Big East as mentioned earlier.

UCF has gone, Tulsa has gone twice, Houston has gone three times.
Not last year. There seems to be a trend of power conference schools not wanting to play in it anymore.
2015 College Basketball Invitational - Wikipedia
2016 College Basketball Invitational - Wikipedia
Colorado dipped their toes in in 2015 but they're the only power conference school to play in it in the last two seasons.

Reaction Score
I just don't want the seniors to have their final loss happen like this. The game was decided from the outset by the referees.

Personally I'd rather have RP go out to the crowd chanting his name rather than possibly losing to some bumf*** school at whatever location where CBI games take place.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I think the kids just wanna play!

Sometimes it's not just what we at the yard want.

I hope I get to see more uconn basketball this year.... Cit cba nit vegas 16 whatever it is I'll watch them on a playground in Bridgeport!

Reaction Score
As long as we don't worry about our egos we can got if invited. Just don't freak out if we get beat by a St. John's or a Pitt.

Reaction Score
I really don't see any harm in getting extra reps for Vital, Vance, Durham, Enoch, etc. Wouldn't mind giving it a shot to avoid having a losing season as well.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I know the NIT rule had been no sub .500 teams but I thought they changed that? Or maybe I'm just thinking of of another of the silly tournaments

Reaction Score
I know the NIT rule had been no sub .500 teams but I thought they changed that? Or maybe I'm just thinking of of another of the silly tournaments

Rule changed but no team sub-500 has made it in. And uconn isn't exactly a "wow factor" .500 this year, so I doubt it happens.

Only thing that might help is we've played better the last 6 weeks or so (before SMU) compared to our abysmal start.

Reaction Score
All of are players need more court time, so if we get an invite we take it.

Reaction Score
NIT would be worth it, CBI not so much. Not sure if NIT would take us even if we are 'eligible'.

Reaction Score
Not on either of the updated NIT mock brackets

Let the season die and some of these smaller programs get a chance at post season, it means more to them. I don't have any interest watching another minute of Brimah playing basketball for UConn.

But I will pay attention to the NBA summer league. I can see all 3 doing that.

Reaction Score
NIT would be worth it, CBI not so much. Not sure if NIT would take us even if we are 'eligible'.
I have a hard time seeing the NIT take us unless a lot of teams decline. Which is also pretty unlikely

Reaction Score
Should UCONN accept an invitation to one of the "other" three available tournaments?

Reaction Score
We need the practice. But I would use it to play the underclassmen. I would start any of the seniors.

Reaction Score
Should they? Maybe. Will they? Looks like no as the players are going home for break

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom