Post Game quotes | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Post Game quotes

Reaction Score
There’s just no accountability with Kevin and that’s what bothers me most. Instead of owning the dismal state of the program and laying out his plans to get it back on track he continues to point blame, this time at fans. He is grossly incompetent as a head coach and will cost us a lot more than 10 million if he continues on and is given another year.

Reaction Score
This just in...the UConn Pep Band has just announced that in honor of Coach Ollie’s “sinking ship” remarks for the rest of the season they will play Nearer My God to Thee in place of the UConn Fight Song at all home games.

Hmm interesting...

My sources are saying it's "The Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald"

Reaction Score
What's interesting:
  • Ollie record pre-divorce: 81 - 36
  • Ollie record post-divorce: 42 - 34
Not making excuses, but kind of telling. Not to mention the lack of intensity on the sideline the past two years.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
His sinking boat reference can be interpreted so many different ways. Obviously the fans who are negative are going to twist it around to express in favor of how they think. I am sure KO does not mean the ship is really sinking. He is using it as a metaphor, something illusionary. It seems like it is sinking, but it's really not. He wants to call out the people who are making it look like the ship is really sinking because in their eyes they really think it is sinking. And the people who continue to support him will stay on the boat, because they have faith that it really is not sinking and we will be elite again. The rats and scavengers symbolize the nay sayers and the negative bandwagon fans. Aka the cowards that want to always be in the happy place. Sometimes the road gets tough in life. You don't just give up. If it were easy, everyone would be winning left and right. It's the concept of competition and that's what sports is all about. The challenge. And when you overcome a challenge, it's that much more rewarding when reaching the goal. The 2014 championship is a perfect example. All the crap we went through prior to that made that title the most satisfying title ever. "This is what happens when you ban us!". There is always a balance in nature, in the universe, and I truly believe the scales will tip in our favor again.

Last edited:

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Is that a thing? Rats jumping off a not-sinking-ship?

He is using it as a metaphor, something illusionary. It seems like it is sinking, but it's really not. He wants to call out the people who making it look like the ship is really sinking because in their eyes they really think it is sinking.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Suicidal ones?

Doesn't the captain stay on the boat even if it sinks and goes down with her? See the movies Titanic and The Perfect Storm. KO is the captain. He is committed. And thats a good thing. Would you rather have him not care?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Doesn't the captain stay on the boat even if it sinks and goes down with her? See the movies Titanic and The Perfect Storm. KO is the captain. He is committed. And thats a good thing. Would you rather have him not care?

You are being way more serious than I was. I was responding to someone asking why rats would leave a ship if it wasn't sinking.
Maybe they are . Suicidal.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I can't believe on Twitter and some media articles that people think KO is talking about fans.

I don't see that at all. It's more KO metaphors ( whether your like them or not or whether you think some are empty words or not) he is talking about his team. It's just another way of saying " we aren't quitting"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Postgame quotes are rarely insightful and I have no idea why people even care about them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom