Post-game punch in WNIT tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post-game punch in WNIT tournament

Reaction Score
Did the Cincinnati AD even bother to read her Wiki page? Yikes! She’s been caught cheating and given the SJU game and now this Bowling Green Inciden, if I am the UC President I think I have to interven.

Doubt it. Some of these programs don't care. It's about wins. More common on the men's side, but not surprising to see on the women's side.

Reaction Score
It's serious and there is NO excuse for it. Someone mentioned the refs. If the officials do not take control by using the whistle diligently, bad things can happen. Like injuries. But in rare cases, the incident in Memphis. Two very knowledgeable people have their opinion on the game, and I agree with them.

Geno commenting on the women

Jay Bilas commenting on the men

"not basketball" is the key phrase. BTW, the dissenting opinion is by former Duke men's coach and Army grad, "coach K".

Reaction Score
memphis has shame in its program now no remorse no apology nothing
I don't think it's right to shame an entire program for the actions of one. The player was charged so I can understand them holding off. Who knows if the school could become a defendant. Certainly, no school condones this behavior.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I don't think it's right to shame an entire program for the actions of one. The player was charged so I can understand them holding off. Who knows if the school could become a defendant. Certainly, no school condones this behavior.
Will withhold any judgement on any institutions until reports start coming in. Like many, I've seen the various recordings of the teams going through the line and saw coaches haul the Memphis player out of there quickly. She's been charged so let's see what comes of that and any subsequent reports afterwards.

Merriweather was out of college coaching for her infringements at Purdue for quite a few years before coming back to Wright State as an assistant, then taking over as HC. And, btw, she's a Cincinnati graduate, so up to this BGSU-Memphis game, I can see how Cincy AD was interested.

As stated, will see what happens next.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Will withhold any judgement on any institutions until reports start coming in. Like many, I've seen the various recordings of the teams going through the line and saw coaches haul the Memphis player out of there quickly. She's been charged so let's see what comes of that and any subsequent reports afterwards.

Merriweather was out of college coaching for her infringements at Purdue for quite a few years before coming back to Wright State as an assistant, then taking over as HC. And, btw, she's a Cincinnati graduate, so up to this BGSU-Memphis game, I can see how Cincy AD was interested.

As stated, will see what happens next.
Hold on, go look at the SJU-Memphis game write-up and YouTube clips from November. This coach has zero business being a HC and mark my words that this will continue at UC. In speaking with Joe T of SJU he said it was by far the worst and most bizarre incident he had witnessed OR HEARD OF. My point being this is not an isolated incident nor is it a “one off” from her character (or lack of character) and is why Memphis made the point to say she was leaving before she announced it as a way to escape their own culpability.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom