Post game press conference | The Boneyard

Post game press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SNY carried only a few minutes, but KO seemed like he was looking for a hole to hide in. Very bad. Anyone see more on another channel??

Reaction Score
He should've blamed himself and the team a lot more, sounded like way too many apologies and excuses

Reaction Score
Our best player struggled.

Second best player struggled.

Hard to win when your two best players can't score or do anything, whatsoever.

I mean we could do anything until we actually decided to play defense.

I mean we're young. I mean we need to get tougher.

. What an abortion.

Reaction Score
Brimah and Purvis showed no leadership. All. Around terrible game. Straight embarrassing. We make fun of Syracuse and Kentucky at times but, they both whooped ass in their debuts. UConn looked very stale, very bad! Hopefully get their stuff together cuz Maui is coming very soon

Reaction Score

JC believed in KO, and that's always been good enough for me. Everything KO said was spot on and he will fix this. I just love this guy.

Way too many problems to digest on this opener.

But we all know what Lou Holtz says about not telling someone your problems....."50% don't care about your problem and the other 50% are glad you got the problem"

So it's time to just shut up and fix your problems so you don't have to talk about your problems....KO is the right medicine.

Reaction Score
Brimah and Purvis showed no leadership. All. Around terrible game. Straight embarrassing. We make fun of Syracuse and Kentucky at times but, they both whooped ass in their debuts. UConn looked very stale, very bad! Hopefully get their stuff together cuz Maui is coming very soon

Oh God Maui?:confused:

Noe Rickers post on Ok State is scaring the crap out of me for sure.:eek:

Reaction Score
Same old Ollie BS we have heard before! This is a 15 win team so we better get used to it.

Reaction Score
"CV and Al" were the toughest players out there. He's right about that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Our best player struggled.

Second best player struggled.

Hard to win when your two best players can't score or do anything, whatsoever.

I mean we could do anything until we actually decided to play defense.

I mean we're young. I mean we need to get tougher.

. What an abortion.
We found out who the best players are, larrier and Gilbert. They didn't have a supporting cast, they all couldn't rebound or play eefense

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The Brimah/Facey class along with the recently graduated Omar Calhoun class are the two least accomplished classes in the past 30 years. Two years of players who have individually achieved nothing. None of them improved much while here.

Ollie is going to have to get in Adams' head early that he doesn't need to defer to the upperclassmen. Gilbert seems to have some KEA in him. The game doesn't seem bigger than him. May be time to hand the reigns over to KEA and put Adams at the 2.

Larrier and Jacksone better get used to playing minutes at the 4. UConn can only have 1 of Brimah, Facey and Enoch on the floor at a time. Playing 3 on 5 while on offense makes it too easy on the opponent.

Reaction Score
The Brimah/Facey class along with the recently graduated Omar Calhoun class are the two least accomplished classes in the past 30 years. Two years of players who have individually achieved nothing. None of them improved much while here.

Ollie is going to have to get in Adams' head early that he doesn't need to defer to the upperclassmen. Gilbert seems to have some KEA in him. The game doesn't seem bigger than him. May be time to hand the reigns over to KEA and put Adams at the 2.

Larrier and Jacksone better get used to playing minutes at the 4. UConn can only have 1 of Brimah, Facey and Enoch on the floor at a time. Playing 3 on 5 while on offense makes it too easy on the opponent.

I agree with lineup. Adams needs to slide to the 2. But I would have a short leash with Purvis. And would consider a lineup of AG, JA, TL, VJ and Brimah. Purvis just doesn't do it as a starter. Vance will give us someone who can stretch the floor on O.

Reaction Score

I would add the class after that as well.

The 2011 class with Boat, Daniels, and Drummond was the last one that really represented UConn standards.
The 2012 class with Calhoun and Nolan was a joke (though Calhoun was supposed to be much better).
The 2013 class with Samuels, Facey, and Brimah was a joke.
The 2014 class of Hamilton and Lubin produced one talented player with minimal toughness and a D2 talent.
The 2015 class of Adams and Enoch is a step in the right direction.

But yes, it's hard to succeed when you get 1 UConn-caliber player in 3 years of recruiting.

And while the recruiting limitations during that period aren't necessarily the fault of this coaching staff, the fact that they've been able to get virtually nothing out of them once they're here certainly is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom