Possible portal targets | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Possible portal targets

Reaction Score
Overall, O-Line is a position that I am not worried about at all at the moment, this past year we had 5 starters who I was satisfied with and several talented backups. I believe that is we bring in 1/2 transfers for dept and for training camp battles we should be very set there (provided we dont lose many guys via transfer). I also feel pretty good about skill positions, and even QB we should be at a minimum as good next year as we were this year. It is all about the defense in the portal IMO. Need to replenish as we are going to lose a ton of production
One thing about oline play that I’ve seen is that coaching can make a big difference. Good oline coaches seem to be able to take ok linemen and get them to play well. I think we have a good one.

Reaction Score
One thing about oline play that I’ve seen is that coaching can make a big difference. Good oline coaches seem to be able to take ok linemen and get them to play well. I think we have a good one.
I think we have a good solid o-line, exception of RT which Lundt had his moments. You’re right a good o-line coach can make a group play well. I think last year our o-line was overshadowed by bad coaching staff, I thought Giufre did well but couldn’t maximize the o-line potential due to also being the OC which basically handicapped him.

Reaction Score
We failed on 3rd and short as well as 4th and short repeatedly with Giufre. Glad he is gone.
Our last few seasons were so bad that that I find that attempts to parse out the blame for it a waste of energy. FHCRE was responsible, and everyone involved has to take their share of the blame. Trying to go beyond that, to me, seems like a waste of time.

Reaction Score
Did Ball State RB visit? What about Pyne QB?
  • Drew Pyne - A few days ago Drew Pyne visited BYU. Wake Forest and NC State have also been linked to the former Notre Dame QB.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Jeff Sims to Nebraska

Reaction Score
I'm a firm believer (my opinion only) that Pyne is definitely not coming here... But we'll see a P5 QB transfer here for sure... Regardless, we need another higher caliber QB in our QB room...

Reaction Score
Based only on his Twitter followers, I wouldn't be surprised if Brendon Lewis is verbally committed.
He also seemed to get a lot of interaction from coaches when he posted about his visit and he got quite a few comments about how UConn got a good one etc.. on a visit post

Reaction Score
this is the guy people we talking up in game chat? He was never coming here guys.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Would have been a nice add, so does that mean it’s Gilyard, McCullough and Brown as our portal LBs for the reload? We’ll see Wednesday.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I mean, every transfer's preference is to go to a winning Power Five school, isn't it? I don't know if we have a chance at this dude, but I will say this: Very few or none of the guys we end up getting will have picked UConn over a winning P5 program.

It is the first test of a player's grasp on reality. Unless you were a threat at a top 10 school, chances are you will be competing with at least two other guys in the same boat. If playing time and development are important, then a QB portal transfer should be looking at things other than helmets logos.

Reaction Score
Players that do well at one p5 school is going to look for a better nil or winning school at another p5.

Our players will be those who can't get playing time at another p5 school but still have nfl aspirations.

edit: mobile version of the website went 8 shades of weird and added all kinds of lines. Sorry.

Reaction Score
Crap. Anthony Simpson going to UMass.

Given the differences in facilities and performance, I feel confident that if opportunity for PT looks equal that the UConn staff will manage to reel in the talent they prioritize ahead of UMass. (I.E. all things being equal UConn > UMass)

Reaction Score
Given the differences in facilities and performance, I feel confident that if opportunity for PT looks equal that the UConn staff will manage to reel in the talent they prioritize ahead of UMass. (I.E. all things being equal UConn > UMass)
They also will have more turnover so they will have to more spots to fill

Reaction Score
Well, we will get to see JT Daniels lead his 4th team (Rice) next year - you gotta believe Jimmy recruited him way back when. (Note: this Covid plus year is crazy - we’ve got guys who Shd be 3 yrs into their next chapter of life returning time and again).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom