Possible portal targets | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Possible portal targets

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
How many years does Millen have left? one?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We could also see a guy like Millen switch to WR. He showed elite speed on the QB keep TD against FIU.

We could but I suspect we won't.

Millen was brought in to be a QB.

Reaction Score
On Millen, we've been told that his throwing was interfered with by his recovery from surgery. I wouldn't read much into this year in terms of his future. By next fall, we'll all know whether he can throw accurately enough to be a D-1 QB or not. LIkewise, by fall it will be clear whether Tyler Phommachanh didn't get a snap this year because he wasn't fully recovered from knee surgery and the decision was made to keep him on the bench if at all possible, or whether his not playing reflected the staff deciding he wasn't good enough.

I understand reading in to people not playing for a year when they're healthy, but in each of these cases we can't assume that their recoveries from injury didn't play a material part in the decision.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On Millen, we've been told that his throwing was interfered with by his recovery from surgery. I wouldn't read much into this year in terms of his future. By next fall, we'll all know whether he can throw accurately enough to be a D-1 QB or not. LIkewise, by fall it will be clear whether Tyler Phommachanh didn't get a snap this year because he wasn't fully recovered from knee surgery and the decision was made to keep him on the bench if at all possible, or whether his not playing reflected the staff deciding he wasn't good enough.

I understand reading in to people not playing for a year when they're healthy, but in each of these cases we can't assume that their recoveries from injury didn't play a material part in the decision.

I would hope to have these answers during spring practice

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

From the onset keeping Tyler Phommachanh off the field all season was reasonable based off us fans knowing when he got hurt and what is the normal recovery range from his injury. By spring ball and definitely by fall camp he should be 100% and show the coaches his full capabilities.

Millen is a bit different since we really don't know what his exact injury was or when it occured. All we know is after he was put in to games the coaches said he can't throw due to an injury. All that being said, he needs to be healthy by spring to be competitive.

With both Millen and Tyler Phommachanh the coaching staff hasn't seen either one fully healthy to assess their abilities.

Roberson is another variable. If he heels on the quick side of an ACL he could be ready to go by fall. And coaches saw enough of him to make him game 1 starter.

Ideally, Turner, Millen and Tyler Phommachanh are all healthy enough for a legit 3 QB competition in the spring. Come fall, add in Roberson for four full options. And that doesn't include any possible transfers coming in.

Reaction Score
Anyone hear anything about Linebackers? To me that should be number 1 priority, also can sell guys on how much success we had this year with LBs and in general over preceding years
There were at least theee portal LB on campus this weekend for visits that I am aware of:

LB Ahmad McCullough from Baltimore Maryland>University of Maryland,

LB Kolbe Cage from New Orleans> Arizona

Grad Transfer LB Jake Brown from Fredon New Jersey>Harvard.

Reaction Score
Hopefully we are the last visit for him and he is just checking out other places as a way of going through the motions so he can be confident that he made the right choice when he picks UConn.
Does anyone even know if Pyne is visiting and/or even interested in coming to Storrs?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Did he commit to BYU? And, do we know for certain that he hasn't or isn't planning to visit UConn?
One thing I can say for certain is that our tight ends coach has a very good handle on whether we do or do not have a chance at landing this kid.

I doubt we'll spend an excessive amount of time and effort if he had no interest. If it looks like we're pulling out all stops we should feel good about our chances.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom