• Stay in the Big East

Votes: 251 38.6%
  • Are we there yet?

Votes: 94 14.5%

• Total voters

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
There'll be a Kansas home and home every year, oh ye of little faith.

I certainly hope so, but I don't see how it'd work in a normal schedule.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
If they go to 16 teams, they're going to use travel pods.

Not sure if you've noticed, Kansas ain't exactly local.
TV executives care about what is local because…

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's funny I'm on the 57th page of this thread, and there's so little here about playing Kansas perhaps 2x a year in basketball, and facing teams like Cincinnati, Baylor, West Virginia, Iowa St, Kansas St or Houston. This isn't chopped liver.
According to at least one poster this is merely AAC 2.0

Reaction Score
It continues to amaze me how every single take you have on ESPN has been shown to be wrong, that the insane claim that they pick the schools to move makes no sense based on everything that actually happens...and yet you never stop to think that you were completely wrong. Yeah, they must have no clue what they're doing.

Enjoy Maryland-Charlotte on NBC.
How about Apple? They seem ready to make a splash with the PAC. Care to comment?

Reaction Score
I certainly hope so, but I don't see how it'd work in a normal schedule.
The B12 can make a UConn-Kansas home and home every year. UConn and Creighton have done that 3 years in a row and that is a similar distance. Now if the B12 adds Gonzaga and or Pac12 teams, then yes, those more than likely won’t be home and home games with UConn but rather rotating single games trading venues from year to year.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Because, once again, as I have said for 15 years and been proven to be correct repeatedly: the conferences call the shots, not the TV leagues.
What are you talking about? The last 15 years have seen regional conferences destroyed by networks.

zls44

Reaction Score
The B12 can make a UConn-Kansas home and home every year. UConn and Creighton have done that 3 years in a row. Now if the B12 adds Gonzaga and or Pac12 teams, then yes, those more than likely won’t be home and home games but rather rotating single games trading venues from year to year.

The Big East plays a true round-robin, as does the Big 12. But with the increased size of the Big 12, how can they keep that up? Especially with 16 teams. Impossible.

zls44

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? The last 15 years have seen regional conferences destroyed by networks.

Moves that in no way have benefitted TV. Further proving that these have all been conference decisions, not TV decisions. Do you think ESPN and FOX really want to pay for Rutgers?

Reaction Score
The BET is magical. For whatever reason, msg on those weekend, is amazing . That’s what the crowd doesn’t want to give up.
I just had a son this past year and was looking forward to making the trek down to NYC for the BET an annual tradition once he gets old enough. Sucks that will never happen.

I’m sure a lot of the frustration with this decision is rooted in the nostalgic/romantic view of college sports being confronted with the hard reality of the business.

Even though I can recognize accepting a B12 offer would be the “right” decision, I still won’t like it. And to be quite honest, I don’t think I will care as much as I do now. Maybe that means I’m not a true fan…

zls44

Reaction Score
How about Apple? They seem ready to make a splash with the PAC. Care to comment?

Apple is likelier to just buy Disney outright in the next 10 years to solve their issues. Don't have a legacy library, have a ton of cash on hand, here's a solution!

Also, their entire sports TV foray has been a complete catastrophe to this point. They seem very out on the Pac-12, but grabbing that anchor would fit with all the other bad moves they've made. Doesn't matter, they've got such an insane amount of liquidity that its harmless, but they're really bad at this. Really bad.

Reaction Score
The Big East plays a true round-robin, as does the Big 12. But with the increased size of the Big 12, how can they keep that up? Especially with 16 teams. Impossible.
I agree with you it would be impossible to play a true round robin like the BE does. I am saying that UConn will play certain teams home and home every year and I think that would include Kansas as they and UConn are the blue bloods. It is simliar to UNC and Duke. Those two always play home and home even though they play some other teams only once and some other teams home and home but it would change year to year

Reaction Score

"to smoke out anyone looking to leave" That's hysterical! Gee, who could that be.

elf GIF

Reaction Score
It's funny I'm on the 57th page of this thread, and there's so little here about playing Kansas perhaps 2x a year in basketball, and facing teams like Cincinnati, Baylor, West Virginia, Iowa St, Kansas St or Houston. This isn't chopped liver.
I really don’t care about any of those teams aside from Kansas, and none of them are going to care about us (except maybe Cinci).

Reaction Score
If UConn joins, they will use pods. We will hardly see Kansas.
Yes, because the TV execs would hate to see that matchup. They're paying for Kansas TCU, nt Kansas UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom