Portugal Friendly roster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Portugal Friendly roster

Reaction Score
Someone on Twitter mentioned a 4-1-4-1 lineup. We shall see

Reaction Score
This lineup probably gets a W against T&T

There is not a lineup we could have fielded that shouldn't have won (or at least drawn) against T&T. The problem was only the lineup in hindsight. Players got to play.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Guess we'll have to watch the game and see what they are doing. 4-1-4-1 doesn't really seem to fit with the personnel. But then I'm not the NT manager. :confused:

Reaction Score
Just about to post something like this. It is insane how small minded he is. I blame Bruce 100% for our failure to reach the WC. He shouldn't be on TV

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just about to post something like this. It is insane how small minded he is. I blame Bruce 100% for our failure to reach the WC. He shouldn't be on TV
Not just him, the people that gave him the job are worse.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Pretty much looks like that's what they played. Good call. Didn't really like Agudelo out on the left (which is why I didn't think they would be in a 4-1-4-1) and not a big fan of having three 6/8s in the middle of the pitch. Along with Adams on the right (who I thought did well none the less) we didn't have much in terms of attacking options.

But hey, it worked out ok for a friendly.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bring in Hamid. Anotha Horvath howlaaaah
I really wanted to see Horvath, but damn 2 major howlers, in a friendly. What's he gonna do under pressure? It's only 1 game, but I'd be willing to keep looking around. Hamid, Johnson, Gonzalez, Steffen.

Reaction Score
So we're bringing Sargent who's on his way to Bremen. Andrew Carleton is close to that level, but signed to ATLU. Could it be that MLS doesn't want to showcase and potentially lose their prized possessions early? Just throwing it out there - I mean, what's the point of Bedoya getting called?

Even if the US makes a commitment to begin to develop the 2022 roster ... I believe you still need to sprinkle in a few veterans for guidance and leadership.

Regarding Taylor Twellman's rant ... I am more upset with the US's ability to identify and call in existing players. Professional clubs have helped take some of the guesswork out by identifying and developing US talent. I hope the future US coaching staff can implement and deploy a roster to develop familiarity and continuity.

Reaction Score
Bill Hamid needs to be able to stay healthy so he can play consistently. Of all the keepers named in this thread, he is by far the best shot stopper.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The Miazga comment sent me off the deep end with that idiot. I've been yammering on about why Miazga, after scoring a goal as a defender in the Gold Cup, hadn't really seen any additional action from Arena. Then Arena has the nerve to say he would have been our starting center back? Really?!?

I want him to find the nearest rock and crawl under it...

Reaction Score
The Miazga comment sent me off the deep end with that idiot. I've been yammering on about why Miazga, after scoring a goal as a defender in the Gold Cup, hadn't really seen any additional action from Arena. Then Arena has the nerve to say he would have been our starting center back? Really?!?

I want him to find the nearest rock and crawl under it...

Reaction Score
It kills me that Bruce ended Cameron's international career.

Then has the gaul to say we'll be better once Sebastian Lletget and Jordan Morris get more run.

The ESPNFC guys get it. I won't watch Fox Soccer coverage with the Lalas/Arena MLS dream team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom