Poor Jamelle | The Boneyard

Poor Jamelle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Her Bearcats lost to Northern Kentucky 77 - 61.

Northern Kentucky was ranked 244 in Sagarin's final ranking last year.

If Cincinnati can't consistently beat the Northern Kentucky type teams then I
fear for Jamelle's future. Hopefully, the pressure to win there will not be as
great as it would be at schools with a greater tradition of success.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't follow Cinci, but it seems she is having trouble finding the gems in recruiting that you have to get to make a move from that middling rank of teams. She is unlikely to get the top 25 kids but finding the kids in the back end of the rankings or unranked that can surprise is where she has to live.

Reaction Score
I am sure that Geno and staff are helping her with recruits they see on the trail that might fir her needs.........Jamelle will get her break soon....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I am sure that Geno and staff are helping her with recruits they see on the trail that might fir her needs.........Jamelle will get her break soon....
I hope so, but she's been there for several years now and I just don't see any forward movement in her recruiting nor in her teams' results. Same goes for Tonya at Temple. Not sure what the reasons are, but it seems like she's done an average job at best in moving her team forward...

Reaction Score
Cinci's big hope is the new conference. If they can get to the middle of the pack, they'll have some momentum. But if they're at the bottom like they were in the BE, then janmelle may be in trouble.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I hope so, but she's been there for several years now and I just don't see any forward movement in her recruiting nor in her teams' results. Same goes for Tonya at Temple. Not sure what the reasons are, but it seems like she's done an average job at best in moving her team forward...
First, what Vowelguy said.

Now, answering Eric - part of the problem is the difficulty of building a program. Also, there is a whole underside to recruiting that we never really see - how are the facilities, the practice times, the dorms, the school, etc. - that factor in when you are not choosing between 2 top 25 schools (and may factor in there as well). I've been to Temple for a number of RU and NCAA games; they don't even play most of their games in the prime (Liacouras Center) facility. Unpleasant neighborhood. Tough sell.

And finally, Jamelle is unproven as a coach. Temple has had some success under Dawn Staley that carried through to the start of Tonya's coaching, but before Dawn, not so much (on the women's side).

Jamelle's situation actually reminds me of Naya Butts here in Arizona - we don't improve, we just tread water so to speak. And have a decent recruit (Ken Griffey's daughter) coming down the pike.

Reaction Score
Her Bearcats lost to Northern Kentucky 77 - 61.

Northern Kentucky was ranked 244 in Sagarin's final ranking last year.

If Cincinnati can't consistently beat the Northern Kentucky type teams then I
fear for Jamelle's future. Hopefully, the pressure to win there will not be as
great as it would be at schools with a greater tradition of success.
Please... how many games did it take before UCONN did away with Paul Pasq? Way more than one bad game. It was the first game of the season... I am sure Jamelle will turn the team around.

Reaction Score
Please... how many games did it take before UCONN did away with Paul Pasq? Way more than one bad game. It was the first game of the season... I am sure Jamelle will turn the team around.

Alas, not just one bad game. See Eric's post.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Turn it around? Turn it around? They basically played against cardboard figurines and still lost! No, wait . . they got blown out! The team was ranked 266. 266! I thought it was a typo. In what capacity do you see a turn around approaching?

Reaction Score
First, what Vowelguy said.

Now, answering Eric - part of the problem is the difficulty of building a program. Also, there is a whole underside to recruiting that we never really see - how are the facilities, the practice times, the dorms, the school, etc. - that factor in when you are not choosing between 2 top 25 schools (and may factor in there as well). I've been to Temple for a number of RU and NCAA games; they don't even play most of their games in the prime (Liacouras Center) facility. Unpleasant neighborhood. Tough sell.

And finally, Jamelle is unproven as a coach. Temple has had some success under Dawn Staley that carried through to the start of Tonya's coaching, but before Dawn, not so much (on the women's side).

Jamelle's situation actually reminds me of Naya Butts here in Arizona - we don't improve, we just tread water so to speak. And have a decent recruit (Ken Griffey's daughter) coming down the pike.
I'll say it's an unpleasant neighborhood. I was going to include a picture of the Liacouras Center, but I was held up for my camera before I could leave the facility. When I went back to the car for my other camera, my car was gone! I started getting cold chills . . . I looked down . . my pants were missing! (Still trying to figure out how they pulled that off while I was still wearing them). The cabs have these huge runners on the side of there cars that you jump onto and hold on for dear life because they refuse to stop. Scary.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she needs that "problem child" that no one else would give a shot... but can ball.

just one, like Angel (not saying she's a BAD kid but academics, tude etc. was rough around the edges BUT could ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom