Poll Who's Your MVP of the Team. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll Who's Your MVP of the Team.

Who is the MVP for this Year.

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Dorka has been the most consistent in the post-Reb. and points per game, while Nika has been our leader through thick and thin...AE has great games, but she also has mis-steps.
Next year, if everyone is healthy, Dorka will be missed more than Lou because Paige and Azzi will provide lots of points from the outside. Personally, I will miss Lou because she has toughed it out to the point of exhaustion....and I'll miss yelling LOU! when she makes a bucket.

Reaction Score
To me, a case can be made for several players and without any one of them the season could have turned out a whole lot differently. But in terms of who has had the biggest impact on the team overall, I have to go with Nika. She runs the team and sets the tone for the others with her toughness and determination. She isn't perfect and is guilty of some bonehead moments, but she to me she is the heart of the team with what I see as a "refuse to lose" attitude.

Reaction Score
I voted for Aaliyah. Her stat line is off the charts. I think if we had last year's version of Aaliyah, we would be really hurting this season, given all of the injuries. But Aaliyah is 2nd in minutes played, 1st in FG%, 1st in total points scored, 1st in rebounds, 2nd in assists, 3rd in steals, and 1st in blocks. She is my choice for team MVP.

Reaction Score
Lou, hands down. Without her outside scoring this team is dead. Earlier in the season I would have said either Aaliyah or Nika, but AE's production has fallen off, and Nika's turnovers have increased. Lou has been consistent all year.

Reaction Score
I voted for Lou because I feel that she really carried us for most games and we couldn't have won without her. But all of the starting five regulars are vital. And CD coming off the bench from injury has done great for us as well.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I shared this thread with my wife. . .

Boy did I get an ear full. I have been instructed, in no uncertain terms, to inform everyone on this thread that as far as my wife is concerned Aubrey is the MVP!

In her words" Aubrey does EVERYTHING for the team!!!!"

Reaction Score
I voted for Nika, but I'm shocked how low Dorka and Aubrey are polling. You really could make a great case for all five of them.
jami- - I agree with you as you could pick anyone of the 5 as MVP, but three are slightly ahead!
Nika, the heart and engine of the team; and Aaliyah, who was unstoppable 95% of the time in the lane! and my choice, Lou!
I picked Lou because NO-ONE, even the coaching staff had an idea Lou would turnout as wonderful as she's been, especially when opponents designed their defenses around hitting her every play!
She may have had slow 1/2's but finished strong!
She was UCONN WBB's savior!

Reaction Score
I voted for Aaliyah. Her stat line is off the charts. I think if we had last year's version of Aaliyah, we would be really hurting this season, given all of the injuries. But Aaliyah is 2nd in minutes played, 1st in FG%, 1st in total points scored, 1st in rebounds, 2nd in assists, 3rd in steals, and 1st in blocks. She is my choice for team MVP.
Stats do count. I agree with Jelly. But I cannot choose among the
full complement of the UCONN rotation. Each game brings a different
clutch performer (or two, or three!). When the occasional " L " came
I saw a lot of heart from everyone. Ask again at the end of the BE tournament
and the NCAAs. Not ONE, EVERYONE!

Reaction Score
it is clear that nailing 3s is the supreme virtue among many BYers!
(ok by me, but ... )

lou is certainly deserving. a team DOES have to score to wins its games.
yes no way they win as many games without her scoring but how many games would UConn have won if Edwards wasn't so dominant inside or Nika with her assists and defensive play.......I don't remember the last time there was so much equality when it comes to individual value to the team......and Dorka and Aubrey were also key to so many victories......

Reaction Score
You bring me into the candy store and give one nickel? I need four more nickels. (And yes, I am suffering from an extreme case of future shock and inflation denial.)

sun

Reaction Score
I voted for Edwards because she's most like Paul Bunyon with everyone else together being like Babe the Blue Ox.
And between them they built the Great Lakers....Lakes. :D

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nika is central to this team and I love what she brings, but she doesn't get all of those assists without somebody putting it in the hole. That is why I credit Lou as the MVP of the regular season. Simply an amazing performance for a UConn "newbie".

Reaction Score
I voted for Nika. Geno says it is so. how can it even be the subject of debate? ;-)
Geno said great things about Lou, Nika & Aaliyah
Please post a video where Geno says that Nika is MVP

Reaction Score
I concede that Aubrey Griffin had a very nice season coming back from a bad injury and that she plays with a lot of intensity but I'm astonished that she drew the vast majority of the votes insofar as MVP of the team ..... I can't conceive that she would have gotten almost any votes, not that she's hasn't contributed a lot to this team but her contributions don't approach at least three of the other Huskies ... she is a great athlete but I'm trying to understand how so many could pick her as THE MVP .... I don't know when I've been as shocked on this site ....

Reaction Score
I concede that Aubrey Griffin had a very nice season coming back from a bad injury and that she plays with a lot of intensity but I'm astonished that she drew the vast majority of the votes insofar as MVP of the team ..... I can't conceive that she would have gotten almost any votes, not that she's hasn't contributed a lot to this team but her contributions don't approach at least three of the other Huskies ... she is a great athlete but I'm trying to understand how so many could pick her as THE MVP .... I don't know when I've been as shocked on this site ....
A popularity post????????

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom