Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Which conference has the strongest Top 4 Teams? B12 has the strongest RPI according to the NCAA, but they may be the weakest when it comes to individual team strengths.

Last edited by a moderator:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Brain-dead RPI has UConn rated #7.

Another interesting question would be which conference has the strongest two teams, which are the ones usually competing for the Elite 8 spots. By Sagarin, the order would be SEC, ACC, AAC, B10, PAC, B12. And we know the first listing has trouble getting teams into the Final Four.

Last edited by a moderator:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
homer...

;)

Its actually really really close between the SEC, PAc 12 and ACC. I think the ACC gets 8 NCAA bids..... the Pac 12 will get 6.... and the SEC 5

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Brain-dead RPI has UConn rated #7.

Another interesting question would be which conference has the strongest two teams, which are the ones usually competing for the Elite 8 spots. By Sagarin, the order would be SEC, ACC, AAC, B10, PAC, B12. And we know the first listing has trouble getting teams into the Final Four.
That is such a bummer about the RPI. Now UCONN will be a 2 seed for sure.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I vote ACC as well - all of these conferences have very powerful "#1" schools - but, when you look at 2,3, & 4, I think the ACC combo of Duke, FSU and U of L is a deeper trio than the other conferences.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I vote ACC as well - all of these conferences have very powerful "#1" schools - but, when you look at 2,3, & 4, I think the ACC combo of Duke, FSU and U of L is a deeper trio than the other conferences.

Interesting in the ACC..... in ways you might be better off being a 6 or 7 seed than a 4 or 5 seed.... you would have to play an extra day.... but you would have a better chance to make the final and avoid ND until Sunday.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
May I also add its good to see the PAC12 getting stronger. ASU/OSU/Washington have all been good this season and I think Oregon will eventually be in that top mix as Graves will get them there. And let's not forget, the baby Bruins will get better too. Stanford has struggled late but they will always be in contention

I remember when the PAC was lucky to get a second team in the conference after the Cardinal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom