Poll Which #1 Seed Least Likely to Make F4 | The Boneyard

Poll Which #1 Seed Least Likely to Make F4

Which #1 Seed is Least Likely to make the F4

• Total voters

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Based on Charlie Creme's Latest Bracketology, which # 1 Seed is least likely to make the F4. I'll predict UConn won't be chosen as least likely. Don't know why. :) I'll list the Top 5 Seeds in each Region.

Bracketology with Charlie Creme

Bridgeport: UConn, Stanford, Duke, Ohio St Miami
Lexington: Notre Dame, Maryland, Washington Kentucky, Depaul
Oklahoma City: South Carolina, Oregon St, Texas Louisville, Oklahoma
Stockton: Baylor, Miss St, Florida St, UCLA, No. Carolina St

IMO, Notre Dame has the toughest region as both Maryland and Washington can score points in bunches. Then I would say its UConn as Tara is a great coach that can come up with a game plan to beat UConn. Duke has been underestimated all year.
IMO Both Baylor and South Carolina have # 2 and #3 seeded teams that play a style similar to what they play and aren't great offensive teams.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Whatever the draw, SC always seems to have one of those games where they under perform and have trouble scoring. Baylor and ND have the offense to dominate and Baylor will take their loss to WV to heart and learn from it.

By learning, I mean that Mulkey will say " Screw Depth. I will play my best performers till they drop"

Reaction Score
SC is easily the least consistent offensively of the 4 teams. With an off shooting night from the guards, they can lose a lot of teams.

Reaction Score
I picked Notre Dame "for now" and that's based off of Creme's bracketology. He has Maryland and Washington in the region and they are two really tough teams. I'll revisited this after Selection Day to give my final choice.

Reaction Score
Based on Charlie Creme's Latest Bracketology, which # 1 Seed is least likely to make the F4. I'll predict UConn won't be chosen as least likely. Don't know why. :) I'll list the Top 5 Seeds in each Region.

IMO, Notre Dame has the toughest region as both Maryland and Washington can score points in bunches. Then I would say its UConn as Tara is a great coach that can come up with a game plan to beat UConn. Duke has been underestimated all year.
IMO Both Baylor and South Carolina have # 2 and #3 seeded teams that play a style similar to what they play and aren't great offensive teams.

Still think the Creme version has UConn with the toughest draw. Would much rather have a grouping of DePaul, Kentucky, Washington (despite Plum, the team is very vulnerable), and Maryland.

Stanford is tough, especially in the tournament. Duke is tough. Miami has pulled upsets, and Duke is not to be trifled with.

Reaction Score
Still think the Creme version has UConn with the toughest draw. Would much rather have a grouping of DePaul, Kentucky, Washington (despite Plum, the team is very vulnerable), and Maryland.

Stanford is tough, especially in the tournament. Duke is tough. Miami has pulled upsets, and Duke is not to be trifled with.
Still questions in my mind as to how good Stanford and the PAC-12 really are. Huge loss when Lili Thompson left (huge win for ND next year for replacing Lindsay Allen at the point). Even if the defenses in the PAC-12 are as tough as some advertise I still don't think it holds a candle to what UCONN can throw at them so I think if this match-up ever comes to pass, and UCONN can shoot even 40% from the floor they move on. Again, this presumes both teams make it that far. UCONN with 107 in a row with a huge target on their backs, the ABC America Strong curse working against them, all we need now is the cover of SI and we're doomed.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Of the 4 #1 seeds, SC is the most "scoring challenged" of the bunch. As a result, they play a lot of nail-biters that can go either way. It would not surprise me the least bit if the Gamecocks don't make it to Dallas.

Reaction Score
I just hope the regions do not stay as they are listed here. The Baylor group is the one I least desire to see and I already have tickets. It's so close I could walk to the Arena if I chose too. After I voted I noticed no one voted UConn so I changed my vote Even though they are least likely I voted for them just so it wouldn't be a shut out. LOL.

Reaction Score
Still questions in my mind as to how good Stanford and the PAC-12 really are. Huge loss when Lili Thompson left (huge win for ND next year for replacing Lindsay Allen at the point). Even if the defenses in the PAC-12 are as tough as some advertise I still don't think it holds a candle to what UCONN can throw at them so I think if this match-up ever comes to pass, and UCONN can shoot even 40% from the floor they move on. Again, this presumes both teams make it that far. UCONN with 107 in a row with a huge target on their backs, the ABC America Strong curse working against them, all we need now is the cover of SI and we're doomed.

Last year, the same views were expressed about PAC-12, and 2 x PAC-12 Teams made the Final 4. That is certainly not a guarantee that even 1 x PAC-12 will make it to Final 4 this year. I do believe the 4 top PAC-12 teams are better than last year. Having said this, I believe the probability of any PAC-12 team unseating UCONN is extremely low.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Huge loss when Lili Thompson left

Are you sure about that? They have a better conference record, better overall record and did better in the conference tournament this year than last year. That's a clean sweep. Appears to me they don't really miss her. You'll have a hard time finding anything quantifiable that says otherwise.

Reaction Score
ND is a loaded team with a good coach. They will take their best squad in five years to the Final Four. From 2013, without UCONN, they would have won three championships and touting Muffet as the best-ever women's coach. (In South Bend, they like to speak in superlatives). With the Huskies in the mix, the Irish have acquired an iconic hold on second place. But they will again be fighting for the championship the last weekend.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I picked South Carolina. There offense is still a problem. I am not convinced they can score the points needed to move on to the final four. Looking at the bracket, I don't know if they make it to the sweet sixteen.

Reaction Score
Are you sure about that? They have a better conference record, better overall record and did better in the conference tournament this year than last year. That's a clean sweep. Appears to me they don't really miss her. You'll have a hard time finding anything quantifiable that says otherwise.
nearly 15 ppg which to me is significant and she's a decent floor leader and play maker.

Reaction Score
I picked South Carolina. There offense is still a problem. I am not convinced they can score the points needed to move on to the final four. Looking at the bracket, I don't know if they make it to the sweet sixteen.

So you think we could lose to Temple, Robert Morris, or Michigan St. .... on our home floor?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
nearly 15 ppg which to me is significant and she's a decent floor leader and play maker.

Samuelson, McPhee and Roberson all significantly increased their scoring to cover for the departure of Thompson. Sniezak played enough minutes to basically be a 6th starter and she's much more of a true PG. Thompson could take over a game but she was inconsistent I thought, and really not a PG.

Again, look at the results. Stanford had a better season than last year, and the conference was probably better top to bottom this year than last year. They were more than fine without her. I'm not saying her leaving was insignificant, but if she was such a "huge loss" they should've struggled somewhat, and they didn't.

Reaction Score
ND vs. Maryland makes for a compelling matchup. That potential game right there - provided this is what the selection committee draws up for brackets - makes me think ND has the toughest road to the F4. As for the easiest trip, I'd actually pick Baylor.

I stand with the majority, though. SC is by far the weakest #1 seed, and I could see Louisville and Texas posing a problem for them. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't make it to Dallas, but I don't think it would surprise me if they did make it to Dallas either.

Reaction Score
ND vs. Maryland makes for a compelling matchup. That potential game right there - provided this is what the selection committee draws up for brackets - makes me think ND has the toughest road to the F4. As for the easiest trip, I'd actually pick Baylor.

I stand with the majority, though. SC is by far the weakest #1 seed, and I could see Louisville and Texas posing a problem for them. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't make it to Dallas, but I don't think it would surprise me if they did make it to Dallas either.

We beat Louisville by 24 and Texas by 9 on their home court... The key to beating Louisville is to down Asia Durr and Myisha Hines Allen. They same goes Texas, Shut down Brooke McCarty and Ariel Atkins. At one point I would have gave credit to Texas really pushing us to the brink but now they seem drained and isn't getting enough production from anyone else other then McCarty, Atkins, and Holmes.

Reaction Score
Samuelson, McPhee and Roberson all significantly increased their scoring to cover for the departure of Thompson. Sniezak played enough minutes to basically be a 6th starter and she's much more of a true PG. Thompson could take over a game but she was inconsistent I thought, and really not a PG.

Again, look at the results. Stanford had a better season than last year, and the conference was probably better top to bottom this year than last year. They were more than fine without her. I'm not saying her leaving was insignificant, but if she was such a "huge loss" they should've struggled somewhat, and they didn't.
They're college kids, they're all inconsistent at times but would concur with your point, but I still think they'd be better with her than without. Not so sure of the better conference contention. I think parity took over..

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Just curious. What's your take on questioning history??

You mean the history where SC only lost two home games since the 2013-2014 regular season and made it to the Sweet 16 or higher 4 out of the past 5 NCAA tournaments?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You mean the history where SC only lost two home games since the 2013-2014 regular season and made it to the Sweet 16 or higher 4 out of the past 5 NCAA tournaments?

Yup, that's the one!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Wow, do we see things completely different. I don't view any as formidable for any of the #1 seeds but would say OKC is hardest for SC as two teams have great guard play, Texas has size and Ok is in their backyard. I think Stockton is the easiest. Then Lexington. MD is not proven, Kentucky is lacking depth, DePaul is small and ND already beat Wash.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom