• The worst QB since Johnny Mac

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Need more information

Votes: 62 33.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't see that, nor is there anything in the game stats about any passes to him, complete or incomplete. He was in briefly at the beginning of the game, but that was it.

He was in for the first series and that was it. He didn't drop any.

Reaction Score
We handed the ball to Boyle at homecoming. Perfect timing.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
He was in for the first series and that was it. He didn't drop any.

Yes he did. Had a high pass go right through his hands. It was in the 3rd Qtr after he had been out of the game for a while.

Reaction Score
Yes he did. Had a high pass go right through his hands. It was in the 3rd Qtr after he had been out of the game for a while.

Then I guess all the writers got it wrong.

Reaction Score
I remember seeing #8 in pre-game warmups and running up and down the sideline after coming out of the tunnel. I remember being surprised that he was suited up, and I don't remember seeing him in the game. Missed it.

Speaking of which though, they came out after half and were doing warmups as a team in a way that I don't remember seeing before. Things are trying to be changed.

It's really remarkable that we've been so poor in scoring second half points for so long.

Reaction Score
I'll say he's the best pure passer I've seen here since Dan O, but is faster and is better at running with the football. May even have a quicker release than Dan. There are some observations that can be made from his first performance, sure looks like he is real good one. Would have been nice to see Shak Phillips out there on Saturday.
Totally agree with you. You can tell by the way the ball comes out of his hand he's something special. Quick release, tight spirals and a cannon. They haven't had anyone who can do that since Dan. It's going to be great watching him develop into an NFL caliber QB

Reaction Score
Need more info. The drops definitely hurt his stat line and prevented us from getting a win. He looked good at times and looked horrible at times. That's to be expected for a freshman QB. All that said I think we win on Saturday had Whitmer been on the field. There were a ton of drops but Boyle also killed a number of drives with wild throws. He was high or long far to often. I'm not making any excuses or Fox because he was horrendous but on both deep passes he was WIDE open. Had the balls been thrown with some touch they would have hit him in stride.

Boyle needs time to grow and learn. I think he should have been redshirted but learning on the field will be good for him.....but bad for Wiest's prospects of landing this job.

It's still hard to see us winning with Whitmer in there instead bro... Does Whitmer escape the pocket and gain yardage with his legs the way Boyle did? I honestly couldn't see Whitmer scampering for yardage like that. Seen enough of him to know that. He's prone to throw INT's too. We've all seen enough of that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think Boyle can be the next coming of Dan Orlovsky and still not be the right guy to be starting right now.

LOL at the poster who said Boyle is better than Dan. What could you have possibly seen on Saturday that would lead you to that conclusion?

Reaction Score
LOL at the poster who said Boyle is better than Dan. What could you have possibly seen on Saturday that would lead you to that conclusion?

from a pure talent standpoint (not accomplishment) Boyle obviously runs a lot better than Dan and I think has a stronger arm but I'm not 100% sure on that.

This poll is a landslide, less than 8% think Boyle should be redshirting. 65% think playing him was the right thing to do and 27% are afraid to take a stand on a silly poll.

Reaction Score
I didn't record the game - forgot to - ESPN3 for the first month got me screwed up. But I did get a chance to watch the recording at a friends house last night. Boyle, I think - got damn lucky he didn't get picked off for 6 points in the final 3 minutes of the game. DAMN lucky. He made a bad, bad decision to throw into coverage in the middle of the field. Other than that single throw, I don't think he made many mental errors. He followed that up by pressing the issue on another ball, that turned into a dropped tip drill for USF, and it was not on target. If lady luck is going to smile though, I'm not going to complain. We need it.

He has work to do on getting his throws accurate, but that comes with reps and coaching. If he's not accurate a year from now - then there is an issue to discuss.

Most importantly to me - as I just noted elsewhere. The kid looked in charge. No doubt about it - IN CHARGE. That's what you need from the QB - above all other qualities.

If the earlier TD passes weren't dropped, Boyle's not in a position to have to make those throws that almost got picked. He'd be handing the ball off protecting a lead instead of trying to make something happen. I was pleased with his performance.

Reaction Score
I'd prefer him to Whitmer, but mainly because Whitmer is terrible. But the idea he could be a great, the next Matty Ice based on what the BCU fans suggested early on, I don't see it. he is in the bottom 20% of QBs. which is better than the bottom 10% like Whitmer.

Reaction Score
If anyone votes for anything other than "Need more information" it's based on emotion.

Perhaps for you. Others may be quicker studies. I thought he showed more poise than CW. He showed a better arm. And he also ran better (a surprise).

Agreed it's a small sample size. But it's enough to make a judgement.

Thanks to this bump, I'd like to take this time to remind everyone that Palatine never said Boyle would be better than Whitmer. He just said that he deserved a chance to play. His track record regarding backup QB's remains flawless.

Thank you.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
Thanks to this bump, I'd like to take this time to remind everyone that Palatine never said Boyle would be better than Whitmer. He just said that he deserved a chance to play. His track record regarding backup QB's remains flawless. Thank you.

Maybe so. But he didn't need to such a dick about it or start a new thread about it every 3 days.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Maybe so. But he didn't need to such a dick about it or start a new thread about it every 3 days.
It's a condition. The only explanation is he's like Chucky in Sons of Anarchy :eek:.

Reaction Score
Totally agree with you. You can tell by the way the ball comes out of his hand he's something special. Quick release, tight spirals and a cannon. They haven't had anyone who can do that since Dan. It's going to be great watching him develop into an NFL caliber QB
Geez. Wonder if Jaws or Grunden would like my help? I must have a real talent for QB eval.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Where's the vote for transfer?

He us not leaving UCONN much to your displeasure.

Not sure who will start this year but he will have every chance to win the quarterback battle

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
He us not leaving UCONN much to your displeasure.

Not sure who will start this year but he will have every chance to win the quarterback battle
no displeasure, love the kid but their seems to be a log jam at qb

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
One thing's for sure. He's not keeping Tom Brady up at night worrying about his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom