Poll on the Syracuse Board | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Poll on the Syracuse Board

Reaction Score
I might not ever stop laughing at the dude who thinks Clemson is a final 4 caliber team.

Reaction Score
That is the bigger story. I always thought the ACC was more hype than substance, but the current state of the conference is stunning.

I think winning the NIT would be a great start for a new coach who is trying to rebuild a program while following the program's icon.
13 national championships since the Big East began isn't really hype though.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This might go down as the funniest post of the year. Well done, Dove, LMFAO!
Thanks man. It just seemed like such an appropriate post.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm always curious why people don't want their team to play in the NIT if it is an option. If you are going to return a good portion of your roster next year it seems to me playing in a single elimination tournament with likely fairly evenly matched teams would be good experience for your team.
If you aren't returning most of your roster I could see skipping it.
No one returns a good portion of their roster these days. Especially non tourney teams. That's the problem.

Reaction Score
If UConn fell off a cliff and was fighting for an NIT berth while Syracuse was a top 3 seed all year, we would probably vote the same way

Luckily we don't have to worry about that right now

Reaction Score
I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Actually, I don't get whatever it is you are trying to say. It's always been my position that dragging crap here from other boards is a waste of bandwidth.

No heal turn or Jekyll/hyde going on.
I was/am praising what I perceived as a more direct & blunt statement vs just reciting your position plainly.

Reaction Score
Those degenerates danced on our grave thinking acc money would bring them success while UConn would fall behind. The exact opposite happened. their fan board has been glorious ever since they fled the Big East. Rather than face UConn straight-up, they could only hope for our demise, and to avoid us. But nothing can hold UConn back. UConn will always win. UConn rises to the challenge. orange cowers in fear. Their obsession with UConn tortures them. Let us enjoy.

Reaction Score
To be fair, were the roles reversed half this board would probably vote for a #1 Syracuse losing an 8/9 game over UConn winning the NIT after missing the big dance.

Obviously I pose a hypothetical, as that situation appears highly unlikely if not impossible for the foreseeable future ... :cool:
I agree. I just dont think this program would sink so low and that Cuse would assend so high as to have to pose such a question.

Reaction Score
Well, I for one was shocked when I heard the other day that they did something they hadn't done in TEN years!!! They won 20 games.

I was like, OMB, Cuse has not won 20 games in a decade ? YIKES
23 wins in 2015-16 and a final four, 23 in 2017-18 and a s16, 20 wins in 2018-19, first round exit. 18-10 and s16 during covid year.

Still, screw cuse.

Reaction Score
If we don't get to laugh at them when we're down, because we're down, and we don't get to laugh at them when we're up either... I just reject a world where that's the situation.

Reaction Score
It is a 2 to 3 team conference, Duke, UNC, and fill in the blank. Not a great conference. Two great programs that have always made the conference look great.

Those 13 titles were primarily won by two teams.

Reaction Score
It is a 2 to 3 team conference, Duke, UNC, and fill in the blank. Not a great conference. Two great programs that have always made the conference look great.

it's like another conference I know.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

True to an extent, but the degree that everyone but Duke and UNC has fallen off a cliff is crazy. That includes the former Big East teams and some once-respectable ACC teams.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Shut up dove.
What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If we don't get to laugh at them when we're down, because we're down, and we don't get to laugh at them when we're up either... I just reject a world where that's the situation.
Oh, we laugh at them when we're down. How can you not laugh at a coach who digs for gold during games?

Reaction Score
Im still lost.
To be very specific, normally I feel like (and I could be wrong) you'd post something softer similar to reply to me; 'Please don't bring crap from other boards here, it is a waste of bandwidth.'

Its all love, I thought your original post was more blunt or fishy-like (assume in this instance that is a compliment) because you humorously and accurately stated that it was weak-arse.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Something about orange triggers UConn basketball fans. For the women fans it was Tennessee and for the men's fans it's that Canadian team.

Currently the women's fans have lost their animosity towards Tennessee. That program has sunk to a sustained level of mediocrity. Plus the UConn women's program has struggled recently with injuries and not having won an NC in a while.

I'm hesitant to celebrate Syracuse's position. They seem to have a correlating year of success following the times we make these types of threads. Of course the situation has been the reverse. Every time they think we're done and create their own threads stating this and celebrating it we prove them wrong. It would be poetic justice that they had us buried two years ago only to observe that we have arisen like a phoenix and win In Phoenix after winning in Houston.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how so many old-time Big East rivals have fallen on hard times.
Shudda never left. And that especially goes for bc. I’m pretty sure I posted this before but BC (I’m pretty sure) has the distinction of going 0-16 in basketball in the acc conference and like 0-12 in football in conference in
the same season—-

Reaction Score
My brother-in-law and his wife are both Syracuse grads and fans. Him more so than her. He is not a fan of anything UConn. So you can imagine some of the "discussions" that have occurred over the years.

I'm always happy when the Cuse is irrelavant. As is my wife!!!
Your wife is irrelevant?

Reaction Score
I have trouble counting the ones fueled by the Afro and African American Studies Fraud at uNC.

Reaction Score
Something about orange triggers UConn basketball fans. For the women fans it was Tennessee and for the men's fans it's that Canadian team.

Currently the women's fans have lost their animosity towards Tennessee. That program has sunk to a sustained level of mediocrity. Plus the UConn women's program has struggled recently with injuries and not having won an NC in a while.

I'm hesitant to celebrate Syracuse's position. They seem to have a correlating year of success following the times we make these types of threads. Of course the situation has been the reverse. Every time they think we're done and create their own threads stating this and celebrating it we prove them wrong. It would be poetic justice that they had us buried two years ago only to observe that we have arisen like a phoenix and win In Phoenix after winning in Houston.
Agreed about celebrating the demise of others. Not good karma, like Cam's outburst against the Marquette bench.

Reaction Score
13?
Without looking it up, I have:
UConn - 4, we were in The American in 2014
Villanova - 3
Georgetown - 1
Southern Canada University - 1
Louisville - 1

What am I missing?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors